Composite to HDMI converters

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
craiggsmith

Composite to HDMI converters

Post by craiggsmith »

This has been discussed briefly in other threads but I thought a dedicated thread would be useful.

Which composite to HDMI converters have you used with the VidiU box and were there any issues?

I assume the church-recommended ones work well, but I'm wondering if there is a difference in performance between the two, and if any other ones work well too. I need to get one asap, and am debating whether to get a different brand locally or order one online and hope it comes soon.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
rolandc

Re: Composite to HDMI converters

Post by rolandc »

While I am not a fan of the Atlona products, I am told it produces the best picture of the three suggested ones on Mhtech...

Everyone needs to keep in mind, when viewing a preview picture on there Android or other smart devices that the picture will be skewed as in squashed but when displayed with a projector at 4.3 it will look normal. This is an issue that cannot be avoided with the current conversion process.
Roland
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks for the tips. I went ahead and ordered the monoprice unit because of the cost and availability.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
StevePoulsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by StevePoulsen »

For the record, the Atlona, is hands down the best option available. it costs more to be sure, however in my opinion with either the MonoPrice or the StarTech option, the image is far worse after conversion than it was at the beginning.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”