Unable to Change a Member Record to 'Not Accountable'

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
joshsmit

Unable to Change a Member Record to 'Not Accountable'

Post by joshsmit »

I have a member of my ward who's membership record should be marked as 'Not Accountable.' When both my bishop or I log in and go to the Ordinances tab of the membership record, we see the place where it indicates whether or not the member is accountable, but we cannot edit it. If we go to other membership records, we are given the option to edit that field. However, on this membership record, the Edit link does not appear. Any suggestions on what we can do to get this change made?

Thanks in advance for the help.
eblood66

Re: Unable to Change a Member Record to 'Not Accountable'

Post by eblood66 »

joshsmit wrote:I have a member of my ward who's membership record should be marked as 'Not Accountable.' When both my bishop or I log in and go to the Ordinances tab of the membership record, we see the place where it indicates whether or not the member is accountable, but we cannot edit it. If we go to other membership records, we are given the option to edit that field. However, on this membership record, the Edit link does not appear. Any suggestions on what we can do to get this change made?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Is the member under 8 years old? Is there a baptism recorded already?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

joshsmit wrote:If we go to other membership records, we are given the option to edit that field. However, on this membership record, the Edit link does not appear.
It sounds as if you may have a temporary record and not a real membership record. This sometimes happens when a clerk creates a temporary record to add a child to a class roll, instead of creating a real membership record based on parental permission as if the child had been blessed and is a child of record.

There used to be a way in MLS to tell if a record is permanent or not. I do not know how to do it now at LCR.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:It sounds as if you may have a temporary record and not a real membership record. This sometimes happens when a clerk creates a temporary record to add a child to a class roll, instead of creating a real membership record based on parental permission as if the child had been blessed and is a child of record.

There used to be a way in MLS to tell if a record is permanent or not. I do not know how to do it now at LCR.
Non-member records are no longer supported in MLS or LCR. So that probably isn't the problem.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”