Directory Updates

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
hansenfam

Re: Directory Updates

Post by hansenfam »

It worked from his account when we went into Leader and Clerk Resources. Thanks for all the help. Now we will have less excuses to not contact the people we visiting teach!! :)
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

I know the issue has been solved, however, I thought that I could provide the following:

A church leader once taught me that
even though the system gives me privileges and I can do something faster than other people, many times is it better to let other people do their calling... yes, it will take longer, yes, you have to formulate your request in a way that makes sense, yes, that person may not do a good of a job as you could on the first try... but when you do someone else's calling it takes away that person's ability to be blessed by fulfilling their calling. Asking clerks to update membership records blesses the lives of the clerks.
I'm not trying to tell other people how to do things (especially since I'm not your ecclesiastical leader), however, I appreciated the feedback that I received when it came to getting things done. I'm now trying to hand-off requests to others instead of doing everything myself.

Thank you~!
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

When the poster mentioned that her bishopric-member husband couldn't make changes in the directory, I wonder if it's the same thing I'm experiencing. I'm a stake clerk and have always had the ability to add/modify any member's phone number or email address in the directory. Beginning a couple of months ago, I can still access the edit screen in the directory, but if I modify any personal contact information nothing actually changes. Interestingly, I can still modify the household phone number and email address. Since I don't have editing rights in LCR, I'm kind of stuck as far as personal information goes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I seem to recall a bug, I don't remember the details, where you can make a change, but if you go back and look - it didn't change. Until you exited and came back in. Apparently the page was pulling from a cache somewhere that hadn't been updated.

In short, the edit really did work, but tripped up those who wanted to make sure it took.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

I wish that were the case. I just now made a couple of changes, signed out, and completely closed the browser. When I signed back in, nothing was changed. :-(
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

I need to correct my earlier post. I said that I could update household information but not personal information. However, I tried updating some household information tonight and that also did not work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What is your calling? Sometimes the problem is the GUI allows something the back end won't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

Stake clerk. But the thing is that I could edit just fine until a couple of months ago.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mtwerner wrote:Stake clerk. But the thing is that I could edit just fine until a couple of months ago.
Someone might have changed the access tables. I'd think that stuff would be a ward-level function. Someone may have decided there were too many cooks in the kitchen and kicked a few out.

I'm a STS and I used to have access as well, but that disappeared quite awhile ago.

kaynay11

Post by kaynay11 »

The system won't allow me to update my photo, as it gives me a message saying that it doesn't support Mozilla. I am actually using IE 11. Any ideas?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”