Lds. Calendar not coming up

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ELHawkes

Re: Lds. Calendar not coming up

Post by ELHawkes »

CrockettDR wrote:Good news. We found the problem and a fix for it. It involved some repeating events that were going into an endless loop and eventually filling the stack. The next release has quite a few fixes and should greatly stablize recent problems. It will be released either next week or the week after. We know that wards and stakes are trying to put in their 2016 events so we want to make sure things are working well as traffic increases. Also church-wide events for 2016 should be loaded in very soon.

Dave Crockett
calendar product manager
What will be the easiest way to know when the new version of the calendar has been released?
Is there a way to see what version is running when you are viewing the calendar online?
Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ELHawkes wrote:Is there a way to see what version is running when you are viewing the calendar online?
If you are comfortable with a rather techy answer, you can use your browser's developer tools or an extension such as Firebug (for Firefox) to look at the page content when you are viewing the calendar. The <head> element near the top will look something like this: <head version="2.7.9.2-rev.c7aa294">, which gives you the current version number. That will change when a new version is released.

Note that some things (such as help content or Church-wide events) are not actually part of the application release, so they may very well change independent of the actual versioned application release. And of course knowing that the release number changed doesn't tell you exactly what changed, but at least you'll know that a new release is in production.
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

aebrown wrote:
ELHawkes wrote:Is there a way to see what version is running when you are viewing the calendar online?
If you are comfortable with a rather techy answer, you can use your browser's developer tools or an extension such as Firebug (for Firefox) to look at the page content when you are viewing the calendar. The <head> element near the top will look something like this: <head version="2.7.9.2-rev.c7aa294">, which gives you the current version number. That will change when a new version is released.

Note that some things (such as help content or Church-wide events) are not actually part of the application release, so they may very well change independent of the actual versioned application release. And of course knowing that the release number changed doesn't tell you exactly what changed, but at least you'll know that a new release is in production.
Well, I sometimes take the time to go a techy route like that, but I was hoping for something more straight forward that would tell us when the calendar version was released that includes the fixes specifically addressed in this thread, so I guess I will opt for my first question, but I do appreciate your reply.
ELHawkes wrote:What will be the easiest way to know when the new version of the calendar has been released?
So far we are still having a major problem with everyone in the stake not being able to view the online calendar when two particular Stake items are check at the left of the calendar screen. Most people don't know what the issue is, all they know is the calendar freezes as soon as you open it up. The calendar for our Stake has been unusable for 3 months.
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

Well even though I don't see any official word of an update, it would seem that a new version has been implemented this evening because the online calendar is not freezing with all calendar items being checked at the left side.
Although, I tried to create a test event and I cannot create an event at this time. I just get an error message saying,
"We were unable to process your request due to invalid data. Please check all fields and try again."

Update: I was selecting a Facility when creating the new test ,event and so I tried to create the event without a facility and then it created the event.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ELHawkes wrote:Well even though I don't see any official word of an update, it would seem that a new version has been implemented this evening because the online calendar is not freezing with all calendar items being checked at the left side.
Although, I tried to create a test event and I cannot create an event at this time. I just get an error message saying,
"We were unable to process your request due to invalid data. Please check all fields and try again."
See this post for a answer to both questions.

One bug fixed, a new one added.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

Well it looks like they did something even though the two fields are still blank. The box to select rooms starts out with a red outline and it was staying red even with some rooms checked. I think that it why it was not letting me create an event. Now the red box goes away when at least one room is selected and if you select None in the setup/cleanup boxes, it then allows the event to be created.
I sure hope they don't have to roll back. I'm glad they are still there trying to get it worked out.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

If Anyone is having this problem that calendar is not loading send me a message. It should be resolved.
bsheff

Post by bsheff »

when i pull up the calendar it only shows approximatley10 days. The rest of the month does not come up. I have changed the settings/calendar months 1, 3, 6, etc. but it makes no difference
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bsheff wrote:when i pull up the calendar it only shows approximatley10 days. The rest of the month does not come up. I have changed the settings/calendar months 1, 3, 6, etc. but it makes no difference
How are you viewing the calendar? What screen?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you go to the calendar at LDS.org, are events scheduled beyond 10 days in the future? It's possible that the ward/stake doesn't have events scheduled very far in the future.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Calendar”