Auto-silence Android App

Discussions around Mobile Development
Oliver84

Auto-silence Android App

Post by Oliver84 »

Hey everyone, I wanted to get your opinion on my first android app.

I decided to make this app in order to help keep the spirit in our chapels. There are still a lot of members that forget to silence their phones when they walk into our buildings. So I developed an app that would run in the background and whenever you walk into an LDS chapel (with LDSAcess as a WiFi SSID) it will automatically put your android phone on vibrate mode.

You don't need to connect to the wifi, you just need to be within range. Once you leave (or are out of range) it will go back to it's regular ringer.

I don't consider myself a developer but just had this idea and wanted to see if it would work. You will be able to tell that my app is still very much in Beta but I would love your opinions and feedback on it. Here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... verentmode

Let me know what you think, thanks!
GetAProgrammer

Re: Auto-silence Android App

Post by GetAProgrammer »

You have a great idea. This App allows you to set your phone to go into silent mode Automatically based on day and time. It is designed to be simple to use by not presenting the user with hundreds of options. You can add many profiles for one day and choose between silent or vibrate mode.
Just go for it. All the best.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Great idea. I'will let it know to my stake!
I don't have an android phone to test it, but if italian translation is wanted.. here am I.
biztechmobi

Post by biztechmobi »

I recommend Mr. Silent Application for Android users that Set your device to silent or Vibrate Based On Time, Location, Event, or Contact..

Download Now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... h.mrsilent
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

This morning, someone's phone rang during the Sacrament prayer and I thought to myself "wouldn't it be cool if LDS Tools or Gospel Library had a feature to silence my phone according to our published meeting times?"

When I got home I searched and found this post, downloaded and installed the app and went back this afternoon for a meeting. I found that my phone had automatically gone into Silent mode.

You're idea is much simpler and better than mine.

Works Great - and Thank You for the App!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Let me know if you make it for iOS!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dbaerwaldt

Post by dbaerwaldt »

What about IOS?

Return to “Mobile Development”