MLS is installed but we have another problem now.

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
pgm44
Location: Philippines, Cagayan de Oro city, Northern Mindanao

MLS is installed but we have another problem now.

Post by pgm44 »

During the time we could not use the clerk office CPU we had installed MLS on a laptop. During that time we encoded our finance and other records in that laptop MLS. We make a backup every week but not in an USB stick. And what was happen. Just a few days before we had installed MLS on the clerk office CPU the laptop crashed.
We can use MLS now in the clerk office and we had to do send and receive changes to let it authorized. But the problem is that the latest changes are not in MLS. 2 days ago we got the latest backup file from the laptop what is more updated as what we have now in the MLS. How can we send all the files from the laptop MLS in the new installed MLS. (what is already authorized)

I hope you can understand what I mean.

In short "how to a more updated backup file send to MLS"
Biggles

Re: MLS is installed but we have another problem now.

Post by Biggles »

I'm not in front of a MLS installed computer, but I'm fairly sure that can import the backup file obtained from the laptop. The backup file isn't affected by the security token reset you've already had done, as far as I'm aware.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There should be no problem restoring the backup from the laptop to the desktop PC. Just log onto the desktop MLS and select restore from backup. Have the laptop backup file on a media, such as a USB memory stick, that can be read by the desktop PC before attempting to restore the backup. The backup file is needed to recover data only stored in the local MLS. All data stored at headquarters should be sent down, or synchronized, after a few send/receives.

I wouldn't be concerned about any financial transactions made on either the laptop or on the new desktop PC. After a few send/receives spread out with enough time for the system at headquarters to process the need to update the financial data on the local computer, the local computer will eventually be synchronized with the data previously sent to headquarters. If for some reason this doesn't happen then contact LUS so they can manually get the system to send the updated data.

Any membership or calling data that does not get sent down to the new desktop PC can be recovered by doing a unit data refresh. For example, if there were calling changes made while using the laptop that appear in Directory or in CDOL but do not appear in local MLS on the new desktop PC after a few send/receives then the unit data refresh will pull in the data from MIS and CDOL.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
go1987

Post by go1987 »

MLS is in different language
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

go1987 wrote:MLS is in different language
Is this a different problem from what the OP described? If it is not then please explain how it is related. If not, then please post your issue in another thread or begin another thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”