Unable to add images to Newsletter

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
idefaye

Unable to add images to Newsletter

Post by idefaye »

There are issues with images on the newsletter (at least at Stake level)
I am unable to add images. I have even sized the image exactly at 542px width for large image, but still does not work.
To reproduce:
  1. create a new article
  2. giving or not a title and content does not seem to affect anything.
  3. click on the image icon in the top bar and select the image you want to add (in my case a jpg file)
  4. add it either in large, small or medium.
  5. when clicking on the insert button there are two different behaviour depending on the browser:
    1. in chrome the message saying to wait for image to upload stays there forever
    2. in IE the message only stays a few seconds then the popup closes and I am back to the article without any image added.
This happens whatever the jpg image I used. I even used photoshop to optimize it for web and still won't work.
I tried saving the article even if the image did not appear in IE, but no image displays.

Opening the Chrome debugger I see that there are some errors with CKEditor, so this most probably may be the cause. Here is the error : Uncaught ReferenceError: CKEDITOR is not defined
zaneclark

Re: Unable to add images to Newsletter

Post by zaneclark »

I just added a photo successfully on my iPad to the stake newsletter, although this doesn't match your experience with Chrome and IE.
idefaye

Re: Unable to add images to Newsletter

Post by idefaye »

Just to update, this issue happens only at times. From my experience, this seems to happens always at given times (eg. on Sundays or Saturdays) I don't know if this is somewhat related to the website traffic.
Usualy on Mondays it works.

Return to “Newsletter”