Custom Reports on LCR vs MLS

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
danielgibby

Re: Custom Reports on LCR vs MLS

Post by danielgibby »

danielgibby wrote: CDOL only shows bishopric members, correct? I don't see, for example, our high priests group leader there, except as someone who used to be the executive secretary.
Never mind, the UI was just hard to figure out. I eventually found a link that shows other people.
I couldn't search for the relief society president and get results, so I assumed that she wasn't in the system.
I had to go to the ward, then click 'Show all positions'.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:There's limited support for that in CDOL. You can look up the person by their current calling and click on "Position Summery". However, I don't think the history goes back all that far. A quick look suggests maybe a little more than 5 years.
CDOL didn't track callings at all (except for bishops and stake presidencies) until about 5 years ago so I don't think that indicates the history is time limited.

However, I am pretty sure that the history is limited to positions in your current ward (and maybe stake). My ward is new and nobody has any historical information at all.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:However, I am pretty sure that the history is limited to positions in your current ward (and maybe stake). My ward is new and nobody has any historical information at all.
Taking a quick look, I think you're right.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
martytag wrote:Is there a report in either program that will show you the past callings a member has held?
There's limited support for that in CDOL. You can look up the person by their current calling and click on "Position Summery". However, I don't think the history goes back all that far. A quick look suggests maybe a little more than 5 years. And that might be deceptive - it may only record positions they were released from in the past few years - we just happen to see the calling date associated with that release.
CDOL has history for bishops and stake presidencies going back quite a ways (I believe they are still trying to fill in some of the older (20+ years) ward info. We started keeping history for bishopric counselors, clerks and executive secretaries about 5 years ago.

We would like to start keeping all calling history, but so far the business side hasn't given us that requirement. The best way to help with that is to pass the request up the chain through your priesthood leaders.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:We started keeping history for bishopric counselors, clerks and executive secretaries about 5 years ago.
I'm seeing more positions covered then just that. For example: Relief Society.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
jonesrk wrote:We started keeping history for bishopric counselors, clerks and executive secretaries about 5 years ago.
I'm seeing more positions covered then just that. For example: Relief Society.
Occasionally some don't get deleted correctly, but in general when the positions that don't show on the main organization page in CDOL normally get deleted when they are released.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

jonesrk wrote:
We would like to start keeping all calling history, but so far the business side hasn't given us that requirement.
Several years back I know a call was extended to a brother, who actually had just been released from it a few years before in the previous bishopric. Calling histories would be fabulous for high turnover bishoprics, and keep some awkward moments from happening.
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
ajthomas

Post by ajthomas »

I'll just add in my $0.02 here. I am also a huge fan of custom reports and have used them extensively over the past decade or so so. LCR absolutely NEEDS custom report functionality.

I also agree with the idea of keeping calling history back at least a few years. That would be very helpful.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

This topic, custom reports, seems to have migrated to calling histories. So commenting on the latter, calling histories would be nice but am not sure they should be used to determine whether someone should be called to a position or not. The bishop has keys and if he feels inspired to call someone, and that person was recently released from a similar call, perhaps from a different ward, it shouldn't matter. Inspiration is inspiration. The individual has the agency to decline the call.
RichardGamble

Post by RichardGamble »

This post is for any Church employee with knowledge of Custom Reports. Is there an update on the availability of Custom Reports on LCR? Thank you very much.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”