Is there a way to report who donates online?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sasgrw

Is there a way to report who donates online?

Post by sasgrw »

When I look at my personal donation history it shows me the source as either "online donation" (the past 5 months) or "ward" (earlier this year before online donations were available for our ward). It would be useful to know if that information could be reported for the entire ward. Somewhat related to an earlier question about printing tax statements, which members can do themselves. If we (bishopric) knew who donated online, that would help in contacting members if they want to print their own tax statements.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Is there a way to report who donates online?

Post by russellhltn »

I'd imagine that you'd have to look at the history of each donor in MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Or, maybe, if there is the field in the "Custom report" that show how offers was paid.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

marianomarini wrote:Or, maybe, if there is the field in the "Custom report" that show how offers was paid.
There are not any fields on the membership side of MLS pertaining to finances. And the financial side has never had a custom reports option.

The tithing report will list who has contributed. I think then that you would just have to go through them all to see how they contributed.

You could also start from the batch report listing and drill down. The batch shows the source, and the donation dates will likely be days other than Sunday. You could get the name from there.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

In MLS, Finance > View/Update Donations will show me donations but without names. I can choose current year, previous year, current month, and previous month. I chose previous year. After that, there are two checkboxes above the table for "hide online batches" and "hide local batches". If I hide "local", then I can see all the dates where someone donated online. However, I can't see who it is unless I drill into it.

So to answer my question on whether you can report who donates online, technically I guess the answer is "yes" because you can figure out that information. But it's a painstakingly slow arduous manual process that it's probably not worth it.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”