Newsletter - can't delete or add an attachment

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
mevans

Re: Newsletter - can't delete or add an attachment

Post by mevans »

sbradshaw wrote: If the file size is the issue, you could use Adobe Acrobat to reduce the file size before uploading. There may be other, free programs that can reduce PDF size as well.
Adobe Acrobat just released a new version and they're pushing the dreaded subscription model, although you can still buy it for a huge sum. I'm fortunate that we were able to get an Adobe suite several years ago at student prices when my wife was taking a class. Acrobat is great for certain things with PDFs, but isn't that affordable for home users who don't need everything it can do or only need it for incidental use. I'm probably going to be looking at the alternatives, as I'm sure some operating system update in the future will eventually make it unusable.
wynnc

Post by wynnc »

I am having the same problem as sbradshaw. It is real and it is not due to file size unless the file size capability has been reduced. Our file is 2.15 Mb. I have given up.
JenniferANewton

Post by JenniferANewton »

I was able to load a file on October 31, 2015 but I can't upload any newsletter attachments now. Even ones that I've been able to in the past. It's not a size issue. I'm getting an incorrect syntax error. Does anyone from the application support team monitor these blogs? How do you get technical support when the application isn't working?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Generally, things are not fixed on the weekend.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RebeccaEGraham

Post by RebeccaEGraham »

Please, Please, Please fix the Newsletter app in Tools. We are just getting our members to use the app and this is very discouraging. What can we do as local Newsletter writers to get this fixed?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RebeccaEGraham wrote:What can we do as local Newsletter writers to get this fixed?
The forum is primarily user to user support. We can discuss the issues and offer a work-around, when one is found, but that is about it. Use the feedback link found at the bottom of the Newsletter page to provide feedback and it will be routed to those who are responsible. Note there is seldom return feedback other than that your feedback has been received. The priorities for development are determined not by the developers who do the work but by sponsoring church departments. In the case of the Newsletter the sponsor is most likely the Priesthood Department.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Newsletter”