Gospel Library (Beta) won't update - store issue?

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
ers22

Gospel Library (Beta) won't update - store issue?

Post by ers22 »

Ever since the newer Gospel Library app (the one that looks like the Android/Apple versions) after I did the initial Beta install for Windows Phone, whenever there's an update, I try to update, but the update fails, and I get the Windows store error code 80073cf9. I searched the internet to find out how to resolve this error, but none of the 'solutions' works. The ONLY WAY I found to update to a newer app version is to RESET MY PHONE. Only then would it successfully install. But then, whenever another update became available, updating would fail (whether I try to update, or uninstall the older version and then try to install the updated version). So again, the only way to update is to reset my phone again. Same issue with Gospel Library official version, besides Beta version. I have an HTC 8XT Windows Phone 8.1. Help, please? Developers, fix this issue, please? Thanks!
ers22

Re: Gospel Library (Beta) won't update - store issue?

Post by ers22 »

Oh, and all my other apps update through the store just fine. It's only Gospel Library and Gospel Library Beta that fail to update unless I reset my phone. Thanks.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

This is, indeed, a Store issue on your device, not a Gospel Library issue. While it's affecting Gospel Library's download on your device, the Store error code 80073cf9 has nothing to do with our app. You'll need to visit the Microsoft Support forums for assistance.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
millercl22

Post by millercl22 »

I have the same problem and I question it being a store issue. The gospel library app on my HTC Windows 8x began to have problems before this happened. Gospel library stopped being able to open. I would tap the GL icon and would see the start screen with the angel Moroni, but then it would crash. I tried uninstall then reinstall and now I'm receiving the error code you are seeing I am able to install and use other new apps. I have done what others suggest on Windows phone forums to fix this problem, but nothing has worked. Have you found a solution?
whovey

Post by whovey »

I have had, and have used, Gospel Library Beta for awhile, and even have it pinned. Now for some reason, when I click on it (even from the download site) it brings up the screen, but then shortly after, it just disappears from my screen. Do I have some setting on my computer that rejects the program?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

On your computer? This subforum is for support of Gospel Library on Windows Phone and Windows 10 Mobile.

Have you tried reinstalling the app?
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”