Creating Limited Use Recommends Online

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bballrob

Creating Limited Use Recommends Online

Post by bballrob »

I saw in an article today on the Deseret News website today that they announced at the RootsTech 2016 conference this past weekend that Bishops can now create limited use recommends online and print them from any printer. Does anyone know where I can find this in Leader and Clerk Resources? And do both the bishop and his counselors have access to this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Creating Limited Use Recommends Online

Post by aebrown »

bballrob wrote:I saw in an article today on the Deseret News website today that they announced at the RootsTech 2016 conference this past weekend that Bishops can now create limited use recommends online and print them from any printer.
The article is New tools to facilitate work of salvation introduced to priesthood leaders at RootsTech, and the relevant excerpt is this:
A new limited-use recommend can be created online by priesthood leaders and printed from any computer and printer. It is activated when it is printed, and the bishop simply needs to sign it, along with the candidate, Elder Richards said.
I don't know anything beyond what it says, but it does say that it can be created by "priesthood leaders," which seems broader than just bishops, but it mentions only the bishop as an authorized signer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Since I'm not seeing anything in the LCR (or MLS) Release Notes, I think this is a "coming attraction".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

bballrob wrote:I saw in an article today on the Deseret News website today that they announced at the RootsTech 2016 conference this past weekend that Bishops can now create limited use recommends online and print them from any printer. Does anyone know where I can find this in Leader and Clerk Resources? And do both the bishop and his counselors have access to this?
It's in limited beta right now. The bishop, counselors, clerks, and executive secretary have access. Recommends must be signed by a bishop or counselor.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

scgallafent wrote:
bballrob wrote:I saw in an article today on the Deseret News website today that they announced at the RootsTech 2016 conference this past weekend that Bishops can now create limited use recommends online and print them from any printer. Does anyone know where I can find this in Leader and Clerk Resources? And do both the bishop and his counselors have access to this?
It's in limited beta right now. The bishop, counselors, clerks, and executive secretary have access. Recommends must be signed by a bishop or counselor.
Any idea when the rollout for all will be since they have now announced it openly?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

bballrob wrote:Any idea when the rollout for all will be since they have now announced it openly?
No.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

scgallafent wrote:
We are using the beta version of LCR in my Ward so I'm assuming it is a very limited beta, as I don't see the option here in the UK.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There seem to be multiple betas running at the same time. For example, the Finance menu appears for some stakes on the beta but not for others.

Thinking through the process, it might be handy (though not always feasible) to have a printer in the bishop's office. Otherwise the bishop has to run over to the clerk's office in the middle of the interview to print.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

sbradshaw wrote:There seem to be multiple betas running at the same time. For example, the Finance menu appears for some stakes on the beta but not for others.

Thinking through the process, it might be handy (though not always feasible) to have a printer in the bishop's office. Otherwise the bishop has to run over to the clerk's office in the middle of the interview to print.
I thought the Finance was past beta and was in full distribution at this point. I received a message on our computer in the clerks office notifying us that it was available. I don't believe it said anything about that being in Beta. And I should add, I love being able to access this information from home now.

As far as a printer in the bishop's office, I don't see a point in that unless you're putting a computer in there too. I see this being able to print a limited use recommend more as a convenience for if I Interview someone someplace besides the church where I don't have access to the recommend books. I can't help but wonder if the ability to print full use recommends isn't far behind, although the fact that they require additional signature and entry into the computer by the stake presidency may be a hurdle that has to be overcome. But who knows.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bballrob wrote:As far as a printer in the bishop's office, I don't see a point in that unless you're putting a computer in there too.
Define "computer". It could be a BYODevice, such as the Bishop's tablet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”