Adding non-standard companionships in LCR

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rainman1962

Adding non-standard companionships in LCR

Post by rainman1962 »

I am a secretary in the HP. We have received permission from our local leaaership that using spouses and Deacons as HT companionships if necessary.

I have not been able to add a Deacon to go home teaching with a HP. Why is this group excluded. Is it possible to have a "write in" companion for exceptions such as these?

Thanks

Jeff
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Adding non-standard companionships in LCR

Post by aebrown »

rainman1962 wrote:I am a secretary in the HP. We have received permission from our local leaaership that using spouses and Deacons as HT companionships if necessary.

I have not been able to add a Deacon to go home teaching with a HP. Why is this group excluded. Is it possible to have a "write in" companion for exceptions such as these?
Spouses are allowed as HT companions in the system, because the Handbook allows for that possibility (HB2, 7.4.2). However, that same section in talking about young men simply says "a member of the bishopric extends home teaching assignments to teachers and priests." There is no mention of the possibility of deacons being home teachers. The implementation of home teaching in LCR simply follows the Handbook.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Your bishop makes the call if he wants deacons to be assigned as home teachers, but those assignments will need to be tracked outside of Leader and Clerk Resources.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Your bishop makes the call if he wants deacons to be assigned as home teachers, but those assignments will need to be tracked outside of Leader and Clerk Resources.
Technically, speaking, I'm not sure as the bishop has that flexibility.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bkmmtm

Post by bkmmtm »

I have not found in LCR how to add a spouse to a companionship. When I select ALL, only priesthood brothers names come up. Am I missing a step?

Thank you,

Bob
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

bkmmtm wrote:I have not found in LCR how to add a spouse to a companionship. When I select ALL, only priesthood brothers names come up. Am I missing a step?
See this thread: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=24028

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”