Slow app startup when not connected to WiFi/data

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
jonathandperry

Slow app startup when not connected to WiFi/data

Post by jonathandperry »

Am using windows mobile 8.1 and am seeing issues with slow starting of the app each time there is no WiFi or data connection. Am not sure if the app is looking for a connection to download updates but I do start to get impatient after 3 mins when I don't have a WiFi or data connection. Can you advise what is causing the issue and of this can be fixed for a quicker step when offline. Note that I use the gospel library when travelling internationally and I frequently have no internet or data connection when I want to read the scriptures.
gwystyl

Re: Slow app startup when not connected to WiFi/data

Post by gwystyl »

Hi there. There are several other posts about this, if i remember correctly the final day was that ou is because of having too many books and other things downloaded. The windows 10 version was supposed to fix that, but so far it hasn't, much my great disappointment.
ToManyLetters

Re: Slow app startup when not connected to WiFi/data

Post by ToManyLetters »

The "Windows 10 version" is not publicly available, and its internal progress is such that the Windows 10 version of the app does not yet run on Windows 10 Mobile devices. You are almost certainly still using the 8.1 version of the app (version 2.x). The Windows 10 version, mobile and tablet, is a major overhaul and completely new app from the current version. The Windows 10 version's version numbering will start at 3.x.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”