Annotating Records

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ffrsqpilot

Annotating Records

Post by ffrsqpilot »

Last night I received a phone call from one of the clerks in our stake asking how you go about annotating an individuals record with a comment - it was at his Bishops request. I thought about it but cannot come up with a means of annotating a record other than one of two ways, neither of which is what they wanted to do. As far as I know you can annotate a record when it is moved out with a comment that the new Bishop should call the previous Bishop for a member that is moving, or you (actually Church Headquarter) annotates a record when disciplinary action has resulted in disfellowshipment or such. Is there another way to annotate a record at the ward level?

Thanks
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Pilotfly wrote:Last night I received a phone call from one of the clerks in our stake asking how you go about annotating an individuals record with a comment - it was at his Bishops request. I thought about it but cannot come up with a means of annotating a record other than one of two ways, neither of which is what they wanted to do. As far as I know you can annotate a record when it is moved out with a comment that the new Bishop should call the previous Bishop for a member that is moving, or you (actually Church Headquarter) annotates a record when disciplinary action has resulted in disfellowshipment or such. Is there another way to annotate a record at the ward level?

Thanks
See this thread:

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1627
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

Thanks,
I was pretty sure that only "Contact Previous Bishop" or placing a move restriction were the only way to annotate a record. Makes sense not to have carte blanch ability to annotate records which could easily get out of hand.

Jim
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

Pilotfly wrote:Thanks,
I was pretty sure that only "Contact Previous Bishop" or placing a move restriction were the only way to annotate a record. Makes sense not to have carte blanch ability to annotate records which could easily get out of hand.

Jim
A high priority enahncement for me would be to allow setting a "Contact Previous Bishop" flag without moving the record so that if a new ward requests the record they get the message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”