enter more than one URL for TFOT lessons?

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
reedloertscher

enter more than one URL for TFOT lessons?

Post by reedloertscher »

Is there a way to add the URLs for more than one talk from general conference when submitting a lesson. Our Stake and Ward routinely assign 2 talks for each TFOT lesson.

Thanks,
Reed
EQ President
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: enter more than one URL for TFOT lessons?

Post by aebrown »

reedloertscher wrote:Is there a way to add the URLs for more than one talk from general conference when submitting a lesson. Our Stake and Ward routinely assign 2 talks for each TFOT lesson.
The Lesson Schedules tool itself only supports one URL per lesson. However, you can use a multi-URL shortener such as http://www.multiurl.com/ to provide a single URL that links to multiple URLs.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I haven't had to combine URLs for the 4th Sunday Teachings for Our Times (TFOT) lessons until now. I've been using MultiURL for a few years, and it's been doing a good job. (see this discussion for additional info).

Now I'm trying to combine two conference talks into one lesson on the Lesson Schedules, but it's not working. I started digging around to find out why and found out that the church sets X-Frame-Options to DENY on the conference talks. This prevents me from using MultiURL or any other combiner. I don't know if this is a product of the recent General Conference web site revamp, or if it's always been that way, as reedloertscher never responded to say if it was working. That makes it pretty painful.

I was looking at some other URL combiners to see if any of them just opened the page without embedding it in a frame, but had no luck. I did see that fur.ly at least had a button on the bar that let you open one of the pages in a separate window without being in a frame.'

Anyway, I'm stuck without a good solution at the moment.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Actually, I saw sbradshaw's comment in the other thread suggesting to post the multiple lessons in a Newsletter article. That's working for me. Hooray!

Return to “Lesson Schedules”