Cisco - rack mount?

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Cisco - rack mount?

Post by russellhltn »

I'm wondering if anyone is getting the rack mount version of the new receiver. I've gotten the settop box version - which seems kinda silly since I have a rack.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Cisco - rack mount?

Post by lajackson »

I think the "rack mount" version just puts a shelf in the rack and then they set the receiver on it. That's what our FM folks are doing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Typically, there's a rack kit that will attack to the box and make it rack mountable. I'm just making sure my FM group is following the plan, because it looks strange after all the prior rack mount receivers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

ALL of them are sitting on the shelf, as supplied with the receiver kits.
Roland
shawndowler

Post by shawndowler »

I was pretty disappointed to lose our nice rack-mounted unit only to see it replaced with a set top box. It also has too few outputs to support English and Spanish video streams to our RF modulators. This is a real downgrade.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

shawndowler wrote:It also has too few outputs to support English and Spanish video streams to our RF modulators.
I don't think I understand the problem. Only the audio needs to be separate. The video is the same for all languages.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:
shawndowler wrote:It also has too few outputs to support English and Spanish video streams to our RF modulators.
I don't think I understand the problem. Only the audio needs to be separate. The video is the same for all languages.
This one puzzles me as well. The new receivers lack a S-video output and a second set of stereo audio outputs. But for basic English/Spanish, I don't know why that would make a difference - unless some enterprising person used the second set of outputs as a poor man's distribution amp.

For video, adding a AVDH-1 (or AVDH-2) would probably be the best route.

shawndowler

Post by shawndowler »

I would love it if they had installed a video distribution amp in the rack when they replaced the satellite receiver, but they didn't. I will request one. We don't have either of those in our rack now. Thanks for the advice.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that the AVDH units have a built-in distribution amp.

Return to “Satellite”