Still trying to figure out sync

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
krk22

Still trying to figure out sync

Post by krk22 »

My dilemma is that most of my annotations in GL 2.5 on my iPhone won't sync to LDS.org. But GL 3.0 on that same iPhone and GL 2.5 on my iPad sync just fine (more or less) although they of course don't get the annotations that are stuck in GL 2.5 on the iPhone. I still have not been able to work out how to get that content to sync.

I was preparing a talk today and I was in the scriptures on LDS.org and noticed most of my annotations don't show up in the scriptures on LDS.org. The annotations are syncing properly between my devices, but not to LDS.org?!?!?!!? How is this possible?

I would GREATLY appreciate any help. I have tried to contact the developers. I am not getting any sort of a response back. I really want my annotations to start syncing properly in time for an upgraded iPad here in the next month or so. I love the app, and really want to use it. But it is to inconsistent and unreliable to annotate with no guarantee that sync will work properly. Please help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Still trying to figure out sync

Post by russellhltn »

krk22 wrote:I was preparing a talk today and I was in the scriptures on LDS.org and noticed most of my annotations don't show up in the scriptures on LDS.org. The annotations are syncing properly between my devices, but not to LDS.org?!?!?!!? How is this possible?
You're sure you were you logged into lds.org using the same account?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
krk22

Post by krk22 »

russellhltn wrote:
You're sure you were you logged into lds.org using the same account?
Yes. I double and triple checked to make sure. We only use one account in our home. I know I was logged in because the top of the site showed that I was logged in, the bottom of the page showed I was logged in, and some annotations were present but not all of them. Correct me if I am wrong, but annotations only show up when you are logged in.

I just checked again and it seems that only highlighted scriptures present. Notes and links are not presenting right now. However, if I go to the journal/notebook, all the annotations from GL3.0 on iPhone and GL2.5 on iPad are there.

All annotations on GL3.0 on iPhone show up in GL2.5 on iPad and vice versa. However, since GL2.5 on iPhone stopped syncing correctly, none of the new annotations on GL2.5 on iPhone sync to LDS.org, GL3.0 on iPhone, or GL2.5 on iPad.

This is driving me crazy! Any help would be appreciated. Is there any helpdesk or anywhere I can go to get an answer to my question? I have posted on this forum, I have sent in numerous requests for help through the app's support option, I even watched the recent broadcast about the 3.0 app and emailed Rob Jex. He forwarded my support request to David Weiss but I have not heard anything after that. That was two weeks ago. I followed-up about a week ago ... no response. A little help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I am tempted to quit using GL and LDS.org for gospel study all together if it cannot work reliably and if I cannot have confidence that my efforts will be lost.
mew33

Post by mew33 »

Did you ever get an answer to this? My neighbor has been using 2.6 and I'm trying to switch her to 3.6 and we are having the same problem. Only some of her highlighted scriptures are showing up in 3.6.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”