Verification of new move-ins

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dougcoates

Verification of new move-ins

Post by dougcoates »

Is there any way to indicate in MLS or on LCR the status of New Move-ins? Its great that we have a report to let us know when a family's records have been added. There is a place in Maps to show verification of an address. However, there is no connection to that in MLS (or I'm not seeing it). Assignments are given to visit, but there is no way to account for the visits other than an external spreadsheet. It seems like an easy thing to be able to get the verification over to MLS and to record the results of the initial visit.
Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Verification of new move-ins

Post by jdlessley »

dougcoates wrote:Is there any way to indicate in MLS or on LCR the status of New Move-ins?
What kind of status are you attempting to record?
dougcoates wrote:There is a place in Maps to show verification of an address. However, there is no connection to that in MLS (or I'm not seeing it).
The verification process in Maps is a geographic location mapping verification. It is necessary to overcome the potential inaccuracies of geographic address mapping software. There will never be such connection to MLS since it has no relationship to any mapping software.
dougcoates wrote:Assignments are given to visit, but there is no way to account for the visits other than an external spreadsheet.
Home teaching and visiting teaching visits are currently recorded online in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR). If you are referring to some other type of visit then you may need to explain the purpose of the visit.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It sounds like this all depends on what the local unit's "workflow" is for move-ins that are pushed. I don't think that's specified. And since it's not specified, there's no logistical support in MLS or LCR.

I don't see anything wrong with assigning them HT/VT and let them visit (or attempt to visit) as a first step.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dougcoates

Post by dougcoates »

I thought verification dealt with who as well as where. Its good to know that the location on the map corresponds with the physical placement of the residence. In our area, assignments are made in a council setting from the new move-ins report. Keeping track of those visits is a challenge. It would also be nice to look at the households in the unit and see those requiring that initial visit flagged or highlighted in some way. it would also be nice to be able to record the status of the visit - whether the members added to the unit were at the address or not.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”