Donations for Minors

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
Crocken

Donations for Minors

Post by Crocken »

Is there a way to make online tithing payments for a minor? I keep all their money in my checking account and keep track of it in my budget. I would like to pay online rather than write three separate checks for my children's tithing. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!
eblood66

Re: Donations for Minors

Post by eblood66 »

Question 18 in the Online Donations FAQ indicates the minimum age for online donations is 13. For those 13 or over, you'd have to setup an LDS Account for them and donate using their LDS Account.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

That's an interesting question – are you able to tie a single checking account to more than one LDS Account for donations?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

sbradshaw wrote:That's an interesting question – are you able to tie a single checking account to more than one LDS Account for donations?
Yes. My wife and I both have our joint checking account associated with our individual LDS Accounts.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Crocken wrote:Is there a way to make online tithing payments for a minor? I keep all their money in my checking account and keep track of it in my budget. I would like to pay online rather than write three separate checks for my children's tithing. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!
If you children aren't 13 yet then as noted, you'll have to stick with checks.

That being said, there's no need to write 3 separate checks. You just need to use 3 different donation slips in an envelope with a single check. Your clerk will be able to enter the donation correctly.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In answer to the original question, there's no way to make online payments in behalf of another person. You'd have to login as them - which is generally discouraged for security reasons.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Crocken

Post by Crocken »

Thanks. I wrote one check with three donation slips and got a call from the clerk telling me I can't do that. I had done it one previous time and didn't get a call.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Have him look for the "Add slip" button on the donation entry screen.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

It would be nice if parents were allowed to to make donations on behalf of our minor children. It shouldn't be too difficult to pull a list of children from a household under 13 years old, and allow online donations to be made in their behalf so that they show up on their own statements. For now I'll have to make the donation and then ask the clerk to manually transfer it to my children?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

preston.baxter wrote:For now I'll have to make the donation and then ask the clerk to manually transfer it to my children?
There's still the gray envelope that you give to a bishopric member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”