Can't edit collections?

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
tobynixon

Can't edit collections?

Post by tobynixon »

I had to reset my phone and reinstall all my apps. Since doing so, I haven't been able to figure out how to get my personal collection restored, nor how to modify the sample collection, nor how to create a new collection. Where is collection management hidden in the UI?
ToManyLetters

Re: Can't edit collections?

Post by ToManyLetters »

Personal collections are stored via your Microsoft Account, so you'll need to be using the same Microsoft Account to see them reappear.

You can edit collections by tapping the "My Collections" header at the top of the screen when on the My Collections screen.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
tobynixon

Post by tobynixon »

Thanks. I only have one Microsoft account, so that wouldn't be the issue. However, I had been previously using the beta version, and had downloaded the non-beta version. Does the released version not recognize collections created on the beta version?

I've gone back to the beta version, where i can see my collection again. However, I don't seem to be able to find a "My Collections" screen. I see a "My Collections" section heading on the Library Contents screen, but tapping or tap-holding on the heading doesn't do anything.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Does the released version not recognize collections created on the beta version?
No, it doesn't, because they are technically separate apps, so they cannot share that data. It's best they don't anyway, as beta can be unstable.
However, I don't seem to be able to find a "My Collections" screen. I see a "My Collections" section heading on the Library Contents screen, but tapping or tap-holding on the heading doesn't do anything.
The My Collections section of the home page is where you need to be. Tap the top of the screen (where "Library" usually appears, but "My Collections" appears now). That will bring you to the overview mode where you will have the editing option for the collections.
tobynixon

Post by tobynixon »

I just don't see that on my phone. I press the Menu icon in the upper left. This brings me to a screen that says "Library" at the top with a downward-pointing arrow next to it. Under that is a screen that has icons Scriptures, Jesus Christ, General Conference, etc. If I tap Library at the top, it changes to a screen that has the language selection bar, then Library Contents, then My Collections, then under that Sample Collection, then Scriptures, etc. -- a list of objects in the library. If I tap Library at the top, it just switches back to the other library screen that has all the icons on it. If I tap "My Collections", nothing happens, nothing happens at all. Should something happen there?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

What you're looking at isn't the My Collections part of the home page, it's the Library dropdown. When you are on the Library page (the main page in the app that you can get to via the hamburger menu, then tapping 'Home'), you'll need to swipe as if you were going back a chapter (finger starting on the left side of the screen and moving right; doing the same thing in the opposite direction will instead show you the "Inspirational Messages" section of the home page). This will bring the My Collections section into view. From there, you can tap the header at the top (which will now say "My Collections" instead of "Library") to go to the overview view and you'll see the edit option there.
tobynixon

Post by tobynixon »

AHA! Thanks very much. I don't think I've ever used that on the phone app before! I'm pretty sure I created the collection originally using the app on my Surface, but the phone app is just fine to use and the phone is lighter to carry.

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”