Married Couples records sent to different Wards

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Post Reply
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:17 am

Married Couples records sent to different Wards


Post by CameronNettle4 »

Good Afternoon,

There is a couple in our branch where the husband lives here (Seminole, TX) to work, and his wife lives in California for work. Both of their records are at a Branch in New Mexico and they want their records sent to their respective wards/branches. Is this a possibility? If so, how do i do it? If not, what would you recommend me to do. God Speed and Happy 4th! :)

Cameron Nettle
Community Administrator
Posts: 31975
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Married Couples records sent to different Wards


Post by russellhltn »

You can only move records into or out of your ward. So you can request the husband's record as a individual. The wife's is another issue. I suppose you could request the family and then move the wife out, but that doesn't quite feel right.

The alternative is for either the old ward to send them, or for the wife's new ward to request them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Post Reply

Return to “Membership Help”