MLS printing issue

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rchomskis

MLS printing issue

Post by rchomskis »

Hello, on one of our branch computers not printing any MLS reports (except PDF statements sent to us by the Area). This was not an issue a week ago. Please see the video for the excact issue. How to solve this issue?

[Link removed because sensitive personal information is displayed.]
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: MLS printing issue

Post by sbradshaw »

This video shows personal information, including the names of fast offering recipients and what checks were written for. I'd recommend removing it from YouTube and instead showing a report that doesn't have any personal information on it.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rchomskis

Post by rchomskis »

deleted. but the mls printing issuse still persists :( other branches don't experience it, just one.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the print driver?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/ins ... r-problems
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rchomskis

Post by rchomskis »

other windows applications print just fine, even financial statements in mls (stored as pdfs) are also printing ok, but when it comes to printing other reports (batch donation reports, expense reports, lists, etc.) the printer doesn't seem to get any info from mls when pressing the print button in mls. the preview button also does't show any previews...
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

rchomskis wrote:other windows applications print just fine, even financial statements in mls (stored as pdfs) are also printing ok, but when it comes to printing other reports (batch donation reports, expense reports, lists, etc.) the printer doesn't seem to get any info from mls when pressing the print button in mls. the preview button also does't show any previews...
This scenario is exactly the reverse of the issue I have with my own Clerk computer. Won't print finance statements, but every thing else prints fine. I've got around the finance statement problem, by printing them as PDFs.

At the time it first happened, I followed the advice given, by the MLS technical support team. Which included amongst other things, deleting MLS entirely (Had already tried installing a fresh version over the top), including the hidden folders. Uninstalling the printer driver etc.

I eventually gave up, but I suppose the ultimate option would have been to re-image the PC. However at the time, I had neither the time, nor the inclination to do that. Now that the PC is on W10, there is no clean image to install from scratch! Unless someone knows different?

You might try installing a fresh copy of MLS, over the top and it won't require a security token reset. You have nothing to lose!
rchomskis

Post by rchomskis »

thanks for your suggestions and insights. printing as pdf won't work in my case, since pressing "Print" or "Preview" button in MLS won't even bring up the printing window/dialog... :(
TwiM

Post by TwiM »

I'm having another similar problem, except mine will show the printer dialog. It just doesn't do anything after you select the printer and hit print.

If you look at pending printer jobs, it will show the file as "spooling" then disappear without doing anything.

Printing to PDF for me brings up the save dialog, but never creates a file.

As with rchomskis, the preview button does nothing when clicked.

I'm planning on trying to reinstall MLS, but haven't gotten the chance yet. I'm Interested to know of anyone figures something out for this.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

TwiM,
Your issue may be caused by the recent update to MLS 3.8.5. If you did not follow the instructions to download and install MLS 3.8.5 over top the current installation after the automatic update to 3.8.5 the outdated JRE may be the problem. It may sound silly to download and install MLS 3.8.5 on top of MLS that automatically updated to MLS 3.8.5, but the over top install is necessary to get the latest version of Java needed for MLS 3.8.5. The JRE was not updated through the automatic MLS update. Printing problems could be the result of the JRE not being updated.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
GilCeniceros

Post by GilCeniceros »

I was having a problem getting checks to print, so I re-installed latest MLS Version 3.8.5_23940, and allowed Java to do an update. This seems to have taken care of the issue for me.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”