Instructors in Printout

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Instructors in Printout

Post by jeffevannelson »

I know that adding 2 teachers and printing them are two things in our backlog that we are looking at.
Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

jeffevannelson wrote:I know that adding 2 teachers and printing them are two things in our backlog that we are looking at.
Having the instructors appear on the printed lesson schedule will be a most welcome addition! Any word on when that will be implemented?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Hilohi wrote:Any word on when that will be implemented?
We rarely get advance notice or a time table.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

jeffevannelson wrote:I know that adding 2 teachers and printing them are two things in our backlog that we are looking at.
May I suggest adding "n" teachers instead of 2? I find that once you go above 1, there's usually cause for many, not just one more.

Here are some examples:
  • Priesthood and Relief Society may have 3 or 4 instructors.
  • Gospel Doctrine: Wards may have more than one class, all on the same schedule. Each class may alternate between 2 teachers.
Candelyn

Post by Candelyn »

It does seem pretty useless to print out the schedule without including the instructors names---since that is the main reason for printing it out---so we can hand it out to people who aren't computer savvy so they know when they have to give a lesson.

It would also be useful to put in a place for the YW to be co-teachers. Then they can look ahead to when they will be helping to teach a class, etc. I get around that by doing "custom lessons" and including their name after a condensed lesson title. I still link the URL to the regular lesson plan, but it allows me to include their name in the title.

For printing out lesson plans that include instructors names, I get around this by using a screen capture tool on the main yearly lesson plan page (that shows the instructors) and then printing from that.
hansenfam

Post by hansenfam »

Teachers names on print out would be a big plus!!
iemei

Post by iemei »

Teacher's names on the printout would be great!
durmston

Post by durmston »

I thought it interesting that several of the responses from the Administrator regarding the instructors name said:
"The feature to include instructors in the printout is still not available. It is planned for some future release. We do not know when that will be."
The date of that last response was August 23, 2013. That's three years ago.
Why was the ability to add the instructors name set up in the first place if it doesn't show up on the print out?
I'm a new High Priest Group Leader and I'm confused.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

durmston wrote:Why was the ability to add the instructors name set up in the first place if it doesn't show up on the print out?
The Lesson Schedules was something pounded out rather quickly so that the old Local Unit Website system could be shut down. As a result, that might be something that got shortchanged in the development. The Brethren have not directed any additional development to it since then - it's all gone to other projects.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”