Able to assign an elder as HP secretary?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jasonpbyu

Able to assign an elder as HP secretary?

Post by jasonpbyu »

We have an older gentleman that attends High Priests, but is not ready to be a high priest. He has been given the calling of secretary, but through the web version I'm not seeing any way to assign him to this calling, it only shows Elders Quorum for him. Can i do this through the actual version of MLS? Or is there no way to make this calling happen. He needs to have the visibility for home teaching to do his calling.

Thanks all!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Able to assign an elder as HP secretary?

Post by russellhltn »

See Handbook 2: 7.3.3. "the high priests group leader or one of his assistants calls and sets apart a high priest to serve as high priests group secretary."

He may be able to serve as assistant secretary.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jasonpbyu

Post by jasonpbyu »

Would i then be able to assign him as an assistant secretary, and thus have him access online to home teaching information?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jasonpbyu wrote:Would i then be able to assign him as an assistant secretary, and thus have him access online to home teaching information?
Based on prior posts, I believe the answer is "yes".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jasonpbyu

Post by jasonpbyu »

Ok so the next question is how. Appear I may have to do it in the software version of MLS because i'm not seeing this in the online callings. The only thing I see for this brother (other than primary, YM, etc) is Elders Quorum. I see nothing HP related.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Callings can no longer be done in MLS. I don't have access to LCR myself. You may have to place him in the HP quorum attendance-wise before anything will show up.

jasonpbyu

Post by jasonpbyu »

I just moved him to high priest class assignment, it flags with an asterisk that this is an "out of default class" but i still only see Elders Quorum callings for him. I'll send an email to LCR support. thanks guys!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Now that he is assigned to the high priests group, you should now be able to go to the high priests group leadership and assign him as assistant secretary.

Organizations > High Priests Group
Click High Priests Group Leadership in the blue box
Click Edit for High Priests Group Assistant Secretary
Start typing his name in the box and select from the list
Make sure Sustained and Set Apart are set correctly
Click the Save button
jasonpbyu

Post by jasonpbyu »

That did the trick appears I had to go in that route rather than trying to directly assign him under his name and callings. Thanks!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”