Pre-Generated Donor Statements - when do they update?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sasgrw

Pre-Generated Donor Statements - when do they update?

Post by sasgrw »

We are getting ready to set up tithing settlement and I want to send a note to the ward to encourage people to go into their settings for donations and select the checkbox for “My financial statements do not need to be printed by my Ward”.

That option will save a ton of paper but is not checked by default.

The old school approach to tithing settlement was to print reams of donor statements for them to review before coming to tithing settlement. Now people can review their donations online (even if they pay with slip and envelope) or print their own year-to-date statement.

In the tithing settlement section of leader and clerk resources there's a pre-generated donor statement pdf document. It's currently labeled "Donor Statement of Contributions - 01 Nov 2016 - (unit number)".

1. What is the date in the name of the file for? It says "01 Nov 2016" but that's still a week away. The contents of the file does *not* contain donor info through 01Nov. Every page of the document has a "07 Oct 2016" above the table of donations and there are no donations in the file after 07Oct so I'm guessing that's when the real file was generated. Seems like the filename should say "07 Oct 2016".

2. When is the pre-generated statement re-generated? Or how often is it regenerated. If I ask members to check the box mentioned above, it won't have any effect on the pre-generated file until it's generated again, but I wasn't sure when that was going to happen.

I know I can click on the "generate a statement" button and choose which donors to include in the statement, but generating that file ignores the above setting. That is, if I, personally, check the box for “My financial statements do not need to be printed by my Ward”, and then include myself in the list of donors to generate statements for, I'm included in that list. Kind of makes sense but that means the checkbox option is only useful for the pre-generated list, which goes back to my main question, how often is it generated?
eblood66

Re: Pre-Generated Donor Statements - when do they update?

Post by eblood66 »

sasgrw wrote:2. When is the pre-generated statement re-generated?
We haven't heard if or when it will be re-generated. I'm guessing that it won't be regenerated at all (but that is just my guess).

However, I'm assuming that the check boxes will still affect whether the tax statements are generated so I'm still encouraging our ward members to check the box.
drepouille

Re: Pre-Generated Donor Statements - when do they update?

Post by drepouille »

When I open the Tithing Settlement page, I see that the 2015 statements were generated on 02 Nov 2015, and the 2016 statements were generated on 07 Oct 2016.

I really doubt these statements will be generated again until October 2017. Therefore, I just printed all the pre-generated 2016 statements, and will pass them out this Sunday.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”