Feature Request: Tabbed Navigation (Windows 8)

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
ToManyLetters

Feature Request: Tabbed Navigation (Windows 8)

Post by ToManyLetters »

Tabbed navigation was always something I really loved back when I used the LDS Gospel Library app on my Motorola Xoom. It was a nice way to be able to have multiple items open at once without having to jump through the frankly atrocious-to-navigate menu system in the Android app.

A comparable feature for the Windows 8 version of the LDS Gospel Library would borrow heavily from both the current (Windows 8) and new (Windows 8.1) implementations of tabbed browsing for Internet Explorer MX versions 10 and 11. As you can see from my quick mock-up below, tabs for the Gospel Library for Windows 8 app would show up on the swipe up/down menus and would appear at the top. Pressing and holding (or right-clicking) one of the tabs would give the options to the tab in a new window (a feature of IE11 in Windows 8.1 that automatically opens a second window of the app snapped 50/50 beside the current window of the app), close all other tabs, or to duplicate the tab (to compare separate parts of the chapter for chiasmus, for example).

Related to this would be pressing-and-holding (or right-clicking) a "footnote" to open its link in a new tab or new window.

Including this feature would enable the rapid switching of study locations for operators of the app and would make it easier for app users to follow along in class.
Tabbed Browsing Small.jpg
(276.66 KiB) Downloaded 1073 times
Note: As per the LDS Tech Forum Code of Conduct and an amicably reached agreement with a community moderator, one of my previous threads has been broken apart. This is one of its pieces.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
HintonBR

Re: Feature Request: Tabbed Navigation (Windows 8)

Post by HintonBR »

+1 - Great idea
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Tabs are coming soon to the Gospel Library app for Windows 10. See this thread:
Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta Now Available
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

This is a very old post of mine, before the 8.1 version of the app and before I was a part of the Gospel Library for Windows team. Tabs are already in the Windows 8.1 version of the app and will be returning soon in the Gospel Library for Windows 10 beta.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”