Mls 2.9

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Alan_Brown wrote:.. just to clarify exactly what has been referred to, here are the three beta builds I have seen (there was probably a Beta 1, since 1 comes before 2, but I never saw it):
  • Beta 2: Build 14262: 06 Aug 2008
  • Beta 3: Build 14289: 14 Aug 2008
  • Beta 4: Build 14316: 21 Aug 2008
The final official release is MLS 2.9.0_14324, dated August 27, 2008.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:The final official release is MLS 2.9.0_14324, dated August 27, 2008.
Mindreader! Thanks. (I snagged Beta 4 so we could get a form Wednesday night.)
kd7mha

Installing

Post by kd7mha »

I downloaded MLS 2.9 today but when I got to the church and tried to install it i get an InstallAnywhere message that says
Please select another location to extract the installer to:
if I select the "Choose" button I can select any available directory but it doesn't do any good, the only other option is to hit the "Cancel" button.
danpass

Post by danpass »

kd7mha wrote:I downloaded MLS 2.9 today but when I got to the church and tried to install it i get an InstallAnywhere message that says if I select the "Choose" button I can select any available directory but it doesn't do any good, the only other option is to hit the "Cancel" button.
Sounds like you copied it to a cd or dvd and are trying to run it directly from there. If you try to run it from the optical media, you'll get that error, because the installer is trying to extract files to your current location, which is not writable. Just copy the file to a temporary location on the computer and run it from there.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

danpass wrote:Sounds like you copied it to a cd or dvd and are trying to run it directly from there. If you try to run it from the optical media, you'll get that error, because the installer is trying to extract files to your current location, which is not writable. Just copy the file to a temporary location on the computer and run it from there.

I copied the installer from my flashdrive to the D: drive on the administrative computer and ran the installer from there.
danpass

Post by danpass »

kd7mha wrote:I copied the installer from my flashdrive to the D: drive on the administrative computer and ran the installer from there.
So are you saying that you did this and your problem is solved, or that this is what you did in the first place and your problem is not yet solved?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

danpass wrote:So are you saying that you did this and your problem is solved, or that this is what you did in the first place and your problem is not yet solved?

This is what I did originally. I have tried running from my flashdrive, C:, and D: drives on diferent computers and get the same results.
danpass

Post by danpass »

kd7mha wrote:This is what I did originally. I have tried running from my flashdrive, C:, and D: drives on diferent computers and get the same results.
Well that seems to pretty well narrow it down to a problem with the file. Either your file is damaged or there is a problem with the file on the HQ server.
danpass

Post by danpass »

danpass wrote:Well that seems to pretty well narrow it down to a problem with the file. Either your file is damaged or there is a problem with the file on the HQ server.
I'm downloading it now and will see if I have any problem with it. What is the size of your file? Looks like it's supposed to be 87.7 MB.
Actually now that it's finished, Windows is reporting it to be 89,840 KB.
danpass

Post by danpass »

danpass wrote:I'm downloading it now and will see if I have any problem with it. What is the size of your file? Looks like it's supposed to be 87.7 MB.
Actually now that it's finished, Windows is reporting it to be 89,840 KB.
It just finished installing on my PC.
If you don't have any better luck with a fresh download, I'm out of ideas...

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”