Selecting and copying text in the Gospel Library App

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
redmondja

Selecting and copying text in the Gospel Library App

Post by redmondja »

I'm a new app user. How do you copy and paste text from document to document. I want to be able to paste quotes from Conference so they appear right in my sidebar along with the footnotes? But when I press and highlight a section in the Gospel Library App it doesn't give me a "select" or copy option. Am I missing something?
Mandyau

Re: Selecting and copying text in the Gospel Library App

Post by Mandyau »

Hold down to highlight, then press the three dots on bottom right corner and select copy
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Mandyau wrote:Hold down to highlight, then press the three dots on bottom right corner and select copy
^ These are the instructions for the Android version of Gospel Library.

If you're on iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad), long-press on a word, adjust the selection area if needed, then choose "Copy" from the contextual menu that pops up next to what you're highlighting. If you're on a small screen, you will need to press the triangle/arrow button or rotate your device to see all the options – copy is the 6th option over.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
hotrodgrandma3

Post by hotrodgrandma3 »

These instructions were before the new Gospel Library version that came out December 2016. The above process always worked great before this new update. However, I was able to copy from my Book of Mormon Institute Manual. But then I tried to highlight a certain scripture passage, get Notes to pop up, and then paste what I copied into the Notes for that highlighted scripture passage. Apparently once I had copied the section from the Institute Manual, it would not let me highlight anything in my scriptures. So I can't paste the copied item into any Notes for that scripture section. I'm hoping someone can please help me figure this out. I am so frustrated.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

hotrodgrandma3 wrote:These instructions were before the new Gospel Library version that came out December 2016. The above process always worked great before this new update. However, I was able to copy from my Book of Mormon Institute Manual. But then I tried to highlight a certain scripture passage, get Notes to pop up, and then paste what I copied into the Notes for that highlighted scripture passage. Apparently once I had copied the section from the Institute Manual, it would not let me highlight anything in my scriptures. So I can't paste the copied item into any Notes for that scripture section. I'm hoping someone can please help me figure this out. I am so frustrated.
I just tried this very process to copy something from an institute manual and then past it into a note attached to part of a scripture and had no problems. I was using iOS 10.2 and Gospel Library 4.0.1 9906

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”