any way to compile a list of deaths over the last year from MLS?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
amclaws

any way to compile a list of deaths over the last year from MLS?

Post by amclaws »

I have a very aging ward. We're trying to compile info for our annual ward history. We've had 13 to 15 deaths in 2016. I want to make sure I've got them all. Is there a simple way to retrieve those names in MLS or on LDS.org?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: any way to compile a list of deaths over the last year from MLS?

Post by russellhltn »

You might look at a list of "move outs" during the year and see if that provides a clue.

From a database perspective, you've got a problem. People who have died are removed from the ward. It's a bit hard to report on something that is no longer in the database. That's why I'm suggesting the move-out report. I think that's the only thing that will report on people who used to be the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: any way to compile a list of deaths over the last year from MLS?

Post by sbradshaw »

If you're relying solely on the Members Moved Out report, you may want to wait for LCR 4.0, which is supposed to fix a bug where deceased members aren't showing up on the report.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”