Export membership to spreadsheet and/or query interface with LCR?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
nasfarley88

Export membership to spreadsheet and/or query interface with LCR?

Post by nasfarley88 »

Hi,
I've recently been called as a ward assistant clerk for membership and I'm wondering if there is a way to get the whole membership of the ward in a spreadsheet, or alternatively query the database online with LCR via something like an SQL interface or similar?

E.g. I would like to search for all members between two ages, and display their baptismal dates.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Export membership to spreadsheet and/or query interface with LCR?

Post by russellhltn »

nasfarley88 wrote:I've recently been called as a ward assistant clerk for membership and I'm wondering if there is a way to get the whole membership of the ward in a spreadsheet, or alternatively query the database online with LCR via something like an SQL interface or similar?
At one time there was, but most - if not all of them have been taken away "due to privacy reasons".

nasfarley88 wrote:E.g. I would like to search for all members between two ages, and display their baptismal dates.
For that, I'd suggest MLS custom reports. (No such feature in LCR - yet.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nasfarley88

Post by nasfarley88 »

Thanks, I'll have a look into MLS custom reports.
SmithBri

Post by SmithBri »

Member information can be exported via the Directory function in the My Ward column.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

SmithBri wrote:Member information can be exported via the Directory function in the My Ward column.
There is no export capability from the Directory. It was removed a few years ago.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

jdlessley wrote:
SmithBri wrote:Member information can be exported via the Directory function in the My Ward column.
There is no export capability from the Directory. It was removed a few years ago.
as an assitant Ward Clerk I DO have an export Households option in the Directory
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kd7mha wrote:as an assitant Ward Clerk I DO have an export Households option in the Directory
It is limited to certain callings rather than to the general membership. The removal of the capability was for the general membership.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
emarkp

Post by emarkp »

I believe this is a permission assigned in the permissions screen. At least I know any member of our bishopric can do this, but I (Finance Clerk) cannot.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

emarkp wrote:I believe this is a permission assigned in the permissions screen. At least I know any member of our bishopric can do this, but I (Finance Clerk) cannot.
At this time, I think the only permissions screen that still exists is the one in MLS. Neither LCR not the directory has one. Rights are based on calling held.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
B_Seegmiller

Post by B_Seegmiller »

If you're willing and have the expertise, the fields can be copied and pasted into a regular-expression capable text editor (such as vi or Vim or EditPad [for Windows), then the appropriate magical commands can be performed. I have been able to convert our stake budget details into a CSV file through appropriate massaging of the fields, which I was able to script. The purpose of that export was to categorize some trends over years.

I'm not sure who still uses vi or Vim anymore, nor how many are familiar with regexs (the price of progress?).

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”