TempleReady on hard drive

Transition from Temple-Ready to the FamilySearch Family Tree and products supporting ordinance reservations and status.
RonaldF-p40

TempleReady on hard drive

Post by RonaldF-p40 »

Does anyone have a good set of instructions on setting up the files to run TempleReady from a hard drive instead of off the CDs? Our Family History Center did have TR setup to access the data that was stored on several virtual drives (I think) on a network drive. One got deleted by accident. With larger hard drives available now, I would like to setup each computer to be able to run TR without needing to access a network drive.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Something to keep in mind is that the beta is underway for the new FamilySearch that will replace TempleReady. I'd give TR about 1, maybe 2 years at most before the order comes down from on high to kill it. Plan expenses accordingly.

As for your question, since links are being evaluated, I've sent a PM with the info.
ClarkeGJ

FHC Technology has answers

Post by ClarkeGJ »

Check out the Tech Log at fhctech.org. They have members that have done what you suggesting.
Gordon Clarke
FamilySearch DevNet manager
RonaldF-p40

Post by RonaldF-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:Something to keep in mind is that the beta is underway for the new FamilySearch that will replace TempleReady. I'd give TR about 1, maybe 2 years at most before the order comes down from on high to kill it. Plan expenses accordingly.

As for your question, since links are being evaluated, I've sent a PM with the info.

Yes, I was hoping it would be sooner!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RonaldF wrote:Yes, I was hoping it would be sooner!
Well, this is the second beta. Who knows. Maybe it will come in a few months. My understanding is that it will roll out by temple district starting with smaller temple areas to give it a good workout before hitting the "big time".

My thing is that I hate to see people spend money on something that may not be needed soon. As long as there's a backup plan for the server and disk space, then that's fine. We've currently got the whole catalog of LDS software loaded on out center's servers. All the Vital Record Indexes, PRF, etc.

Return to “Temple-Ready”