Updating LDS Account Information

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
eblood66

Re: Updating LDS Account Information

Post by eblood66 »

pamlarauvu wrote:My mother -76 years old lady- wants to use the convenience of paying her tithing online. When I tried to open her an account it says that her records number is already attached to one...now she doesn't remember at all her user name or password or the email account she had.

How can I open her another account or how could I recover all her information?
On the login page select the "Forgot your username?" link and then use the Membership Record Number option to first recover her username and then her password.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

pamlarauvu wrote:or how could I recover all her information?
At the sign-in page, use the "forgot username" link. Use the MRN option to find the other account.

Does she use FamilySearch? It's probably that account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pamlarauvu

Post by pamlarauvu »

Thank you for your prompt answer.
I did recover her username. Sadly when I tried to recover her password the system timed out...though I did several times and I am fast enetering info.

Thank you,

Pam
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

pamlarauvu wrote:Thank you for your prompt answer.
I did recover her username. Sadly when I tried to recover her password the system timed out...though I did several times and I am fast enetering info.

Thank you,

Pam
Maybe you could try on a different browser?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mag2012

Post by mag2012 »

I get a message that the phone number is associated with another account when I try to update. Also my membership number is incorrectø
jandrews3

Post by jandrews3 »

How do I delete an account? I have found I have two accounts setup and one is not complete and i don't need it. My membership number is not associated with it. I just want to delete it.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jandrews3 wrote:How do I delete an account?
The Global Service Center will have to do it. Ask your ward clerk to contact them on your behalf.
ArlynYoung1976

Post by ArlynYoung1976 »

I got a new personal phone number and would like to update it for my old one in my LDS.ORG account so ward members will not call my old number. When I try to change it in my account settings online it informs me that my new number has already been used for a different account recovery number. How do I officially change this new number from the old account to mine as I am sure that former church member would like it removed from theirs too?

Thanks,

Arlyn Young
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ArlynYoung1976 wrote:When I try to change it in my account settings online it informs me that my new number has already been used for a different account recovery number.
Odds are it's an account you created that you forgot about. Try using the "forgot username" link at the sign in page and use the mobile number option to recover that user name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ArlynYoung1976

Post by ArlynYoung1976 »

Oh, actually I have only ever had this LDS account and have never know the new number I got from AT&T until recently. The other account I am referring to is the account of the person who used to have this number before it was given to me. I believe that person whomever it is must have had an LDS.org account and used this number for their account and later canceled this number but forgot to delete it from their LDS.org recovery form in LDS.org.

Return to “Online Donations”