Account name not syncing with records

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
arnylund

Account name not syncing with records

Post by arnylund »

I have recently encountered a mismatch between the first and last names in the LDSAccount of a member in my ward.
A certificate was issued on mission level, and a couple of misspellings were noticed. First she thought that it was wrong in MLS but it was not, and I cannot remember it being wrong for at least as long as I have been the ward clerk (2 years). Then she logged into her LDSAccount to show me that both her last and first names are indeed misspelt there.

So are LDSAccount names (apart from the "display name") only synced on account creation or is there another record of names somewhere?

Browsing this forum I have seen this issue a few times but never actually solved.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Account name not syncing with records

Post by russellhltn »

arnylund wrote:Browsing this forum I have seen this issue a few times but never actually solved.
I don't know as anyone has come up with an answer and reported back. I'd suggest calling CHQ.

So far, I've not seen anything to suggest the incorrect name affects anyone but the account holder - that is, it doesn't appear anywhere else.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”