Help instructions to install ancestry in church owned computers.

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
esmaquelt

Help instructions to install ancestry in church owned computers.

Post by esmaquelt »

I'm looking for direction on how to obtain instructions to install ancestry.com in church owned computers? My ward received new computers for the family history center. Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Help instructions to install ancestry in church owned computers.

Post by russellhltn »

Just to be clear, it's not enough to be church owned, they must be a part of a FHC created by SLC. That is, it must have its own unit number and probably is own port on the firewall.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The Family History Center Services Portal (https://fhc.familysearch.org/) can only be used on computers that are part of an official FHC. Instructions for running the Portal configuration tool are at https://fhc.familysearch.org/resources.html Each FHC computer must have Tivoli installed. FHC computers are typically connected to a particular port on the firewall, and assigned a particular range of IP addresses.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

russellhltn wrote:That is, it must have its own unit number
I forgot to add, you'll need that unit number, as well as the FHC's email account as part of setting up the computers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History”