Income and Expense Detail Report - Out of Balance

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
jae_markham

Income and Expense Detail Report - Out of Balance

Post by jae_markham »

I have run an Income and Expense Detail Report for a Ward Missionary.

Missionary Donations shows $3515.00 (Sister Missionary)

Expenses Shows $7200.00

Transfers Shows $3000.00

Ending Balance $-685.00

Ending Balance should be $-85.00....HOW CAN I CORRECT TO SHOW THAT IT IS ONLY $85 THAT IS OWED BY THE FAMILY?
eblood66

Re: Income and Expense Detail Report - Out of Balance

Post by eblood66 »

Are you looking at the entire period for the missionary? The default view usually only shows the current year. If there was a negative balance at the beginning of the year then you'll see something like that. So if the missionary left before the beginning of the year then you'll need to use a custom period to get the entire picture.

I don't have MLS in front of me but there should be a drop down box in the upper right corner which indicates the time period for the report. Use the Custom option and select dates that cover from the month before the missionary left until the current date.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How are you getting $-85.00? I used the numbers you gave and got the same ending balance. ($3515 - $7200 + $3000 = -685)

Where is the extra $600 coming from?

Edit: I notice you're not listing an opening balance. And since most missions last longer then a calendar year, that's probably the issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:How are you getting $-85.00? I used the numbers you gave and got the same ending balance. ($3515 - $7200 + $3000 = -685)
Your right. I should have checked the math. Based on those numbers nothing looks out of order. $7200 is 18 * 400 so it probably is the entire mission amount.
jae_markham

Post by jae_markham »

I will check the dates when I go back to the chapel and run the Report, I think that is probably the issue.

Thank you for your Responses!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jae_markham wrote:I will check the dates when I go back to the chapel and run the Report, I think that is probably the issue.
Are you running the report from MLS or LCR Finance? You can generate the income and expense report for a missionary from LCR Finance.

From the Income and Expense Summary page, click the arrow next to Ward Missionary Fund and then click on the missionary's name. The report defaults to the current year, but you can set a custom date range to extend back to before the start of the missionary's mission.

Return to “Reports and Forms”