Streaming Face to Face events

Discussions around receiving conferences and broadcasts for the meetinghouse via Internet.
mprusse

Re: Streaming Face to Face events

Post by mprusse »

We plan to show it this Sunday but I don't see an option to download. May have to pull some trickery to get it downloaded so we don't have streaming problems in the church on a net busy Sunday.
robartsd

Post by robartsd »

Our YM president streamed on his notebook for our activity last night. After opening mutual with the YW, we had enough time to watch about half of the event and a 5 minute disscussion of our impressions while watching. A download would be great for use of clips in a Sunday lesson (I'm not sure I'd want to make watching the event the only element of a Sunday lesson).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

robartsd wrote:(I'm not sure I'd want to make watching the event the only element of a Sunday lesson).
Perhaps they are planning an evening fireside or discussion. The event lasted an hour and 20 minutes, so all of it will not fit into any Sunday lesson time.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I just looked and there seems to be a download link now.

http://media2.ldscdn.org/assets/youth/f ... nload=true
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
juliamariew

Post by juliamariew »

New question: if face to face starts at 6, most, can we have youth over to START watching it from beginning at 7:00 ? (Even if It's not yet concluded) How?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

juliamariew wrote:New question: if face to face starts at 6, most, can we have youth over to START watching it from beginning at 7:00 ? (Even if It's not yet concluded) How?
Part of the magic of the YouTube servers is to be able to start watching a live event from the beginning, even after it's started.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:Part of the magic of the YouTube servers is to be able to start watching a live event from the beginning, even after it's started.
More then likely he'll have to use the church's link to a Brightcove server as I'm sure YouTube will be blocked in church buildings, but I'm sure the same idea applies.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Receiving Internet Broadcasts”