Filtering on verified location status missing

Beta testing of maps.lds.org
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

erinbourgeous wrote:Thanks for your feedback, this is on our list of to-do items.

Hi Erin - our ward also used this feature of filtering and would like to make the request of putting it back on the list.

Thank you.
dobrichelovek

Post by dobrichelovek »

So, (Probably directed to Erin, since you have been so kind to reply to our messages, thanks!)

Is there any way we can access the old version of maps until this feature (filtering) is re-implemented? Part of what we were doing can be done by exporting the data, but not all. Since you cannot give a committed date as to when this will be completed, it would be great if we could get to the existing capability in the form of the old version until it works in the new version.

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dobrichelovek wrote:Is there any way we can access the old version of maps until this feature (filtering) is re-implemented?

The old version of Maps is still available at http://lds.org/maps. But I understand that quite soon that URL will be changed to point to the new Maps feature (currently available at http://lds.org/rcmaps). So that's not much of a long-term solution.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dlpyro1957

Post by dlpyro1957 »

I also would like the Filters to return, and add some user define. So we can add so sub field for EP side. like Ward Geo Code. Equipment, Single Sister, and so on.
I this case. more is better.
adoga

Post by adoga »

I appreciate you being so persistent on getting this filter back dobrichelovek. I'm also very interested in these options and hope they'll be implemented soon.
dobrichelovek

Re: Filtering on verified location status missing

Post by dobrichelovek »

So this seems to be an exercise in both patience and tenacity. :)

There is a basic principle in product development that you generally don't regress product functionality that you intend to be part of the product. If the new version of a product has a feature gap, you continue to allow for access to the previous product so that users that found utility in that feature can continue to utilize it until the new version of the product supports it.

I was hoping that the beta/feedback process was there to get the feedback about the new product and what things might not be working correctly or be missing altogether, which is why I immediately provided the feedback about the filters as soon as the beta started. I appreciate all the amazing work that has been put into the map program and other tools, but at the same time, I struggle to understand how long the filter feature for the maps can be hoped for, but not seen.

Again, Erin has been kind enough to respond here that filtering on the status of the household location is a feature that is 'on the list' but I don't feel like I should have to resort to being loud to emphasize the utility of this feature. Now that it's been a good long time, I hope it is only appropriate that I ask again, is this feature still planned and is there any further status update? I still feel the same way as I did when I first wrote the feedback during the Beta, and I have seen more than one voice join in my expression of interest for this feature (with a few additional suggestions).

Any update?
dobrichelovek

Re: Filtering on verified location status missing

Post by dobrichelovek »

Just checked and I see that Verified and Unverified filters are there again. Not sure how long they have been back, I've been focused on other things lately, but I am certainly glad to see that they have returned.

:)

Return to “Beta Maps”