HT/VT Reporting Website Overview

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
brado426

Post by brado426 »

We now have the report shown in the previous post, however I think the Stake President would also like the ability to see a summary of each group's progress for the past several months.

I'm envisioning a report that has the months on the X axis, the list of groups on the Y axis. In each grid cell, it would display Total Visited or Contacted, Percentage Visited or Contacted, and Total Teachers.

I think this is the last major report that would need to be added for this system. Does this sound about right? Does anyone have an alternate suggestion of how this data should be presented to the Stake President or Bishop?

TechnoBabel: By the way, when I said "we shouldn't discuss it here" earlier, I meant we shouldn't discuss specific technical support/how to questions. I think we need to keep any discussion relating to this isolated to general design and theory. This is the type of information the Church may find useful one day in the future.

Brad O.
TechnoBabel-p40

Post by TechnoBabel-p40 »

Brad O, I thought that was what you meant. I would love to see that additional summary report. It sounds like your suggestion should cover everything the stake president needs.
brado426

Post by brado426 »

I have decided to set up some forums specifically for this application for a couple reasons:

• I find myself answering the same questions over and over privately and need a public place for support
  • I think there is enough content to justify a forum specifically dedicated to Home/Visiting Teaching

From this point forward, I will be discussing all feature enhancements and technical aspects of this application here: http://returnandreport.org/forums

Thanks so much for all your support!

Brad O.
WelchTC

Church sponsored HT/VT application

Post by WelchTC »

In the event that you didn't see my announcement, the Church has just sponsored and launched a project to build a HT/VT application that we would like the community to get involved in. Thanks to Brad and all of his efforts in getting us to this point. See my [thread=1843]thread[/thread] announcing this exciting development.

Tom
thomasjking

Post by thomasjking »

great to see the "work" going forward
trevorbunker-p40

Return and Report Shut down?

Post by trevorbunker-p40 »

I wanted to use ReturnAndReport while the construction of the formal site continued, but one of the elders in my quorum said:

"My Dad's Bishop works in the CIS department of the Church. To the best of
his knowledge this site was supposed to be shut down last Friday."

Is this true?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

trevorbunker wrote:"My Dad's Bishop works in the CIS department of the Church. To the best of

Is this true?
Well, I don't think anyone told Brad O, the site owner about that. In this post he's saying "Yes, RAR will remain online until the Church's official solution is complete" which frankly make a lot more sense then the rumor.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brado426

Post by brado426 »

RussellHltn wrote:Well, I don't think anyone told Brad O, the site owner about that. In this post he's saying "Yes, RAR will remain online until the Church's official solution is complete" which frankly make a lot more sense then the rumor.

Yes, that is a rumor... probably just a miscommunication. I am committed to keeping the site running while the official solution is in development because of the huge benefits that it provides for Home and Visiting Teaching.

Brad O.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

trevorbunker wrote:I wanted to use ReturnAndReport while the construction of the formal site continued, but one of the elders in my quorum said:

"My Dad's Bishop works in the CIS department of the Church. To the best of

Is this true?
Plus, Brad has brought his site into compliance with Church policies. There is no violation that we know of that would prompt the Church to make such a request.
brado426

Post by brado426 »

mkmurray wrote:Plus, Brad has brought his site into compliance with Church policies. There is no violation that we know of that would prompt the Church to make such a request.

Correct. If anything, it is more compliant than some others since it does not house data that most people consider confidential. Anyone that has a problem with their name and/or Email address being stored within the system can take it up with their group's Presidency to have it removed.

Brad O.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”