Size of app on device

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
BenBaker

Size of app on device

Post by BenBaker »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this feedback. I've been surprised at how much storage space the gospel library app takes up on my device. Right now, it is taking up 394 MB, making it the largest app on my phone. I have version 4.2.3.2. The app itself is only 79.34 MB, but there is 315 MB of data. I know that one can easily build up a lot of size from downloaded media, but I have gone to the Downloaded Media section of Settings and verified I have none. I do mark scriptures a fair amount and add some notes, but it is hard for me to imagine 315 MB of data. I found later that I have about 7000 highlights and less than 200 notes, for reference. I mostly just read the scriptures, conference talks, teachings of the presidents and Our Heritage for Sunday lessons, but I'm sure I've downloaded other things over time. There is no way to see or control which items are currently on the device outside of downloaded media, though. For example, should I be removing some items in my library that I don't use very often? Someone once suggested that certain things that contain lots of pictures, for example, would help save space. Anyhow, I thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone had any other ideas or if the development team may consider features to manage space more effectively.
jasonhyer

Re: Size of app on device

Post by jasonhyer »

The downloaded media section only shows downloaded audio and video. The space taken up is from the downloaded content on your device. You can tell what is downloaded by looking at the picture by the content. If it is full color it is downloaded. If it is washed out, you haven't downloaded the content. You can remove content by tapping on the three dots to the right of the content (if in list mode) and choose to remove the content. If you are at the root level yoou can download or remove whole sections.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”