Where are the printed music notes?

Discussions around the Interactive Music Project. Visit /wiki/Interactive_Music_Project for more information.
cherokeecfg

Where are the printed music notes?

Post by cherokeecfg »

I haven't looked at the Hymns section of LDS.org for several years, but I was going to do a FHE lesson on how to learn your parts for the hymns and I don't see where you can learn the soprano, alto, tenor, or bass parts. You used to actually be able to see the music staff and hear the parts and you could isolate the part you wanted by turning off the audio on the others, then add them in. I wanted to teach my family how to do that so they could learn parts. I have a son who is really interested in music now and would benefit from that. Is that feature no longer available, or am I just looking in the wrong place?
kd7mha

Re: Where are the printed music notes?

Post by kd7mha »

I believe the music player found at https://www.lds.org/music?lang=eng&_r=1 is what you are looking for. I can't be sure because it requires Flash and I no longer have the flash player on my system
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
cherokeecfg

Post by cherokeecfg »

Ah, I thought I already had Flash Player and apparently I didn't. I hit the download button and now I can see what it is I want to see. Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A number of browsers have added Flash internally, but you may have to go into settings to allow it to run. This is due to Flash's non-security track record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cherokeecfg

Post by cherokeecfg »

I was able to help my kids get it up on each of their computers and make it work and I showed them how to take out and put in the various tracks so they could learn their parts. That was our Family Home Evening lesson for this evening.

Return to “Interactive Music Project”