MRN for new convert

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jward22

MRN for new convert

Post by jward22 »

We have a new convert in the ward. I received the carbon copy for the baptism and confirmation from the missionaries, and they sent the paperwork to SLC. The member is looking for their MRN. When and by which method will I receive the new MRN for this member?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MRN for new convert

Post by russellhltn »

You'll get it when you receive the membership record. How long that take depends in large part how long it will take the mission to enter the information into their systems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The missionaries should have sent the baptism and confirmation information to the mission office. Once the office enters that information, a membership record should be sent to the local unit. At that point, it would be helpful for the clerk or his assistant to print out an Individual Ordinance Summary to give to the new member. That Summary will have their membership record number on it.
jward22

Post by jward22 »

lajackson wrote:The missionaries should have sent the baptism and confirmation information to the mission office. Once the office enters that information, a membership record should be sent to the local unit. At that point, it would be helpful for the clerk or his assistant to print out an Individual Ordinance Summary to give to the new member. That Summary will have their membership record number on it.
Thank you, is this typically an activity that takes several weeks? of does it happen quickly. The paperwork was turned in last week to the mission office.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jward22 wrote:Thank you, is this typically an activity that takes several weeks? of does it happen quickly. The paperwork was turned in last week to the mission office.
I'm not sure how long it takes, but I'm pretty sure it's the mission that's the biggest source of delay. I can't imagine what kind of steps must be taken once it's in the computer that would take more than a day or so.

But with the end of the month coming up, I'd expect it to show up real soon. Gotta count those baptisms for the month. ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jward22

Post by jward22 »

The record came in, I received it through MLS record print, the same as if a new member moved in. On the LDS.org, the member is not listed in the "Move In" report, rather she shows up in the "New Member" report. Apparently the delay, was simply the record not being entered correct/timely by the mission office. They also entered the info with the wrong spelling, which i have since corrected. Thanks everyone.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I ask the missionaries if I can review the baptismal interview form on the date of the baptism, because missionaries typically enter bad information, or leave important fields blank. Then I remind them to send the form to the mission office as soon as possible. After two or three weeks of waiting for the record to be created, I call the mission office staff, who usually have no idea that a convert baptism occurred. At that point things happen very quickly!
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jward22 wrote:The record came in, I received it through MLS record print, the same as if a new member moved in.
For reference, the MLS record print is not just for new members moved in. It is for new records received, regardless of the reason (moved in or received via the baptism).
suzyqbterri2

Post by suzyqbterri2 »

Im searching for my records and can't find them I moved twice in a row rather quickly and my records got lost somehow . Where or who do I speak with to get them or new copies or something? Please and thank you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

suzyqbterri2 wrote:Im searching for my records and can't find them
If you will give your ward clerk your full name and date of birth, he will be able to request them.

Return to “Membership Help”