Can't see event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jtyewhit

Can't see event

Post by jtyewhit »

I'm the stake clerk and am trying to schedule a new event. The system tells me I can't because of a conflict.
I can't see the conflicting event on the calendar. The event was scheduled by a different ward than the one I live in, within the stake. Typically I can see all ward events for the Stake Center, but not this event.
I have all calendars, all locations selected when I view the calendar.
I've tried to contact the scheduler but have no response.
Is there a way for me to override/remove/see this event? Is there some setting on my side that could be preventing me from seeing it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't see event

Post by russellhltn »

jtyewhit wrote:I have all calendars, all locations selected when I view the calendar.
You should be able to see something if you have the location selected.

It's possible that it's a private calendar. I don't know if the stake clerk can see those. If the building is shared between stakes, it could be the other stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jtyewhit

Post by jtyewhit »

The building isn't shared between stakes. The private calendar possibility is interesting. Is there any admin setting that would let me remove events in a private calendar?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Upon thinking about it further, I'd suggest turning off all layers except the location in question. There may be a bug where if there's too many events, something may not display. You should be able to at least see that something is blocking you, even if you can't see the details.

Note that some of the colors the system chooses may be hard to see (like yellow).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jtyewhit

Post by jtyewhit »

I was able to track down the person who created the event and have them delete it. I was never able to see the event (there was only the one, invisible to me event, on the day in question) but now it is gone.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That's odd. As far as I know, everyone should be able to see all events on the location calendar - but private events probably hide the details.

jtyewhit

Post by jtyewhit »

Got to the bottom of this. The conflicting entry had been entered as a 'restriction', not an event.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jtyewhit wrote:The conflicting entry had been entered as a 'restriction', not an event.
Odd. I can see restrictions on the location calendar. I wonder if they don't show for non-building schedulers?

Return to “Calendar”