gospel library app on kindle fire

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
kodak99

gospel library app on kindle fire

Post by kodak99 »

The Gospel Library app was deleted from my Kindle Fire by error. Kindle is using version 6.3.4 and the serial number is D01E as the first four characters, which tells what generation the device is. From Amazon Kindle www, I downloaded the app to the cloud. (I could not download it directly to the Kindle). From device, when I try to install this app or sync it, then I get the message "not compatible with your device. You cannot purchase this app fro this device". I teach Gospel Doctrine and would really like to have Gospel Library . Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Kodak99
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: gospel library app on kindle fire

Post by russellhltn »

kodak99 wrote:the serial number is D01E as the first four characters, which tells what generation the device is.
I'm not sure how the Amazon store handles older devices.

But, according to my Googlesearch, that's a 2011 Fire based on Android 2.3. According to this post, even if you get it working again, it will cease to get new content updates (Ensign, Conferences, etc.) starting next month.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kodak99

Post by kodak99 »

Thanks so much. I see under "THIS POST" this comment:
As a workaround, the Google Play Store provides old versions of Gospel Library to old devices so

If you're on Android 2.3 and up, Google Play will give you Gospel Library 3.3.4. (Content updates will end at the end of 2017.)

What would be the search for words on the Kindle to get to Gospel Library 3.3.4 app?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You could try Google Play Store, or perhaps the direct link.

I have no experience with the Kindle store, but I'd hope it would have similar functionality. (Delivers the version that works on your device.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jazzfanok

Post by jazzfanok »

So are you saying if I get a newer kindle I can get the gospel library again?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jazzfanok wrote:So are you saying if I get a newer kindle I can get the gospel library again?
Considering that there's no new content for your older one, that would seem to be the best option for continued use.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”