Curious Anomaly

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

Curious Anomaly

Post by wrigjef »

When printing out IOS's for a household, we discovered more than 1 case where the spouse is listed as a non member. However the spouse is indeed a member with a record number.
That other person shows the same thing, so both of their records indicate that their spouse is a nonmember. Their records in LCR read fine but this anomaly shows on the IOS.

Has anyone else seen this ? How do you suggest I get it fixed ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Curious Anomaly

Post by russellhltn »

wrigjef wrote:Their records in LCR read fine but this anomaly shows on the IOS.
I'd triple check that. Having records that are not properly linked to the spouse isn't that uncommon, but a discrepancy between MLS and LCR would be.

In any case, you'll have to contact CHQ to have them fix it. You can't fix it without a false divorce in the history.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I had a similar problem a month or two ago, so I called the Global Service Center. They confirmed a problem with the marriage, and turned the case over to the membership department, who corrected the problem within 48 hours.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jfackerson

Post by jfackerson »

Here's another anomaly.
Updated non-member wife's previous married name (she was legally divorced) to her maiden name, based on her first marriage on-line application & certificate.
Within on-line LCR, maiden name does appear, but when printed,
this former married name is printed on her MR.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Non-members do not have membership records. They are assigned "linked" record numbers, but they have no record.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Membership Help”