Delete LDS Account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
drepouille

Re: Delete LDS Account

Post by drepouille »

As lajackson implied, the Church is quickly getting to the point where even the "lowliest" of callings requires some level of access. I have members ask me all the time for calendars, birthday lists, attendance rolls, etc. I am happy to provide those items, but I also train them how to do it for themselves the next time they need such things.
Some training on lds.org, including the Help Center, is only available to those with accounts.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
michael.crook

Post by michael.crook »

I understand that. But Jesus didn't have an iPhone or a tablet, and His calling went just fine.

**he shoots, he scores, and that's the game**

:)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

michael.crook wrote:I understand that. But Jesus didn't have an iPhone or a tablet, and His calling went just fine.
He also wasn't trying to get in a Home Teaching report by the 10th of the month. :mrgreen:
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michael.crook

Post by michael.crook »

russellhltn wrote:
michael.crook wrote:I understand that. But Jesus didn't have an iPhone or a tablet, and His calling went just fine.
He also wasn't trying to get in a Home Teaching report by the 10th of the month. :mrgreen:
Touche!
Vitinho12

Post by Vitinho12 »

Tenho duas contas LDS, como faço para deletar uma conta e ficar com apenas uma?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

michael.crook wrote:I no longer do family history because I'm at the point (1400's/1500's) where documentation and proof are suspect at best, so I don't feel that deletion would be a problem as I no longer would be able to be confident about submitting temple names appropriately.
I would recommend that you review what Church leaders have been saying for the last several years about family history and temple work. If you think the only work to be done is on direct ancestors, then you are missing out on thousands upon thousands of your relatives whom you can find and do temple work for. Not only can you do this, but an apostle of the Lord, Elder Neil L. Andersen, has encouraged us to Find Our Cousins!
Ppequenia

Post by Ppequenia »

I want to delete all my información from this site, Who can help me?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Ppequenia wrote:I want to delete all my información from this site, Who can help me?
Your answer is in the second post in this thread. You will need to contact your ward/branch clerk and they will need to request it from the Global Service Department (GSD). No one in your stake/ward/branch and no one on this forum can do that. Once your clerk contacts the GSD, they can help him understand what steps would be required.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ppequenia wrote:I want to delete all my información from this site, Who can help me?
It depends on exactly what you mean by "this site". If you're taking about the Directory, you'd have to remove your name from the records of the church. Talk to your bishop about that. You can restrict your information to leaders, but I don't think there's any other way to completely opt-out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
B_Seegmiller

Post by B_Seegmiller »

michael.crook wrote:I appreciate the response. I am aware of the consequences of deleting my LDS Account. I no longer do family history because I'm at the point (1400's/1500's) where documentation and proof are suspect at best, so I don't feel that deletion would be a problem as I no longer would be able to be confident about submitting temple names appropriately.

Yes, the problem is that I downloaded a Church app for Android, and it bypassed 2FA. I had no such issues on my Apple devices.

I will contact my branch clerk and get the ball rolling on deletion. Thank you!
I share Michael’s concerns about security issues in FamilySearch. I’ve been extremely concerned about clever “Web-scraper” apps that go through a user’s FamilySearch account and harvest names for ordinances. I have tried to explain this concern to our temple president when I was an ordinance worker, but they seemed not to care.

Return to “Church Account”