excess some ones account on family search who is died now

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
coltonc

excess some ones account on family search who is died now

Post by coltonc »

How do I am I able to get in to my father in laws family search account he has now passed on and I would like to release the temple names he has on hold and I don't have his pass word, His wife my mother law has asked me to do this for her. any help would be appreciated , His name is Lawrence Boyd Colton his birthday was 6/16/32 he died 1/25/18 he was in the Highlands ward West Richland WA.

Cynthia Colton
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: excess some ones account on family search who is died now

Post by russellhltn »

If nothing else, the names will auto-release if nothing is done with them in something like 2 years.

I assume the ward has been notified of his death, so I'd assume that FamilySearch knows (or will shortly) of his death. I'm not sure what the protocol is, but they may release the names.

Ultimately, I'd suggest contacting FamilySearch support to see if they can be transferred to your mother's account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Re: excess some ones account on family search who is died now

Post by drepouille »

Since his living ordinances are now visible in FamilySearch, his death must have been recorded on his membership record. Therefore, no one can login as a Helper for his account. If he has reserved names for ordinances, you can probably submit a request to FamilySearch to have those reservations released.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”