LDS Media Library 2.0

Discussions related to the Gospel Media App - formerly called LDS Media Library (all platforms)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

LDS Media Library 2.0

Post by sbradshaw »

LDS Media Library 2.0 is now available for Android on the Google Play Store, and will be available for iOS this week or next.

Version 2.0 is a major redesign that incorporates a lot of changes based on user feedback:
• Completely new look and design improves finding, downloading, and presenting LDS Church Media
• Downloading and adding media to presentations are now separate actions
• View images in full screen while browsing
• Presentation mode now available on device and not just on a second screen
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
johnshaw

Re: LDS Media Library 2.0

Post by johnshaw »

I'm looking for the cast feature I don't see it. Does that mean I have to cast the entire screen first rather than being able to just cast the presentation?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

johnshaw wrote:I'm looking for the cast feature I don't see it. Does that mean I have to cast the entire screen first rather than being able to just cast the presentation?
The cast button should be visible at the top of almost any screen, including when you're inside a presentation, if you're in range of a Chromecast device. The cast icon appears 3 seconds after, then disappears about 20 seconds after you open the app, which appears to be an Android or Chromecast bug (the YouTube app does the same thing) – so if you don't see it you could try closing and reopening the app.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

That was it, I'm at home now and see the casting icon, I guess I didn't recognize that casting device Discovery was required.

Thanks!
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

LDS Media Library 2.0 for iOS has now been released, with many of the same changes and improvements as the Android update.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Thanks for the heads up Samuel... I can't see it in the app store yet, but should probably be a little patient...
alandd

Post by alandd »

Congratulations on a great update! Thank for all the work put into this app. I have played with it briefly on my iOS devices. It is a wonderful improvement to the flow of building presentations and finding content. It feels more responsive, too.
andepd01

Post by andepd01 »

I’m having a problem getting a presentation on my iPhone to display on my video screen. Never had this issue with version 1.0.
Thanks.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

andepd01 wrote:I’m having a problem getting a presentation on my iPhone to display on my video screen. Never had this issue with version 1.0.
Thanks.
How are you connecting to your external screen? Are you using AirPlay, Chromecast, or HDMI? Are you seeing anything on the external screen that indicates that it's partially connected or trying to connect? Or are you just looking for the button on your phone that allows you to connect?
alandd

Post by alandd »

andepd01 wrote:I’m having a problem getting a presentation on my iPhone to display on my video screen. Never had this issue with version 1.0.
Thanks.
Hi. Maybe the description of casting a presentation that is in this post will help your situation: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 14#p183814

Return to “Gospel Media”