MLS password changing

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Smart68

MLS password changing

Post by Smart68 »

As ward clerk with administrator's rights, I need to know how to change a password for MLS usage. All I seem to be able to access, is to change an exisiting password for another user.
What does one do when the existing password is not known by me?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You only need to know the current password when changing your own password. With admin rights you can change anyone else's password without knowing it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

smart68 wrote:As ward clerk with administrator's rights, I need to know how to change a password for MLS usage. All I seem to be able to access, is to change an exisiting password for another user.
What does one do when the existing password is not known by me?
If you need to change the password for another user you don't need to know the existing password. All it asks for is the new password. (go to system options, Users. Then click on the user name and enter the new password).

If you need to change your own password, under edit - change password.

If you have forgotten your password you will need another user with admin privileges to change your password for you.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

JonesRK wrote:If you have forgotten your password you will need another user with admin privileges to change your password for you.
Which is why we always make the Clerk and the Bishop both Admins...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Frequently a stake clerk has a admin login as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I'm sure he does, or at least the Stake STS who set up our computer. But in the interest of being self-sufficient, we always have had at least 2 admins at the ward level.
Smart68

Post by Smart68 »

Thanks for your input of everyone. I'll have to give it a try.
amadomoletanardo

Re: MLS password changing

Post by amadomoletanardo »

When I log in, in MLS Account it said wrong password. I don"t know what happen

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”