Login help

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
craiggsmith

Login help

Post by craiggsmith »

One of my wards can't get into their computer, although no one has claimed to have changed the password. Times like this is why I set up a stake admin account, but when go to log in I don't see any other accounts to select besides the local unit's. I don't know windows 10 very well, but normally on the startup screen I see all the accounts in the lower left. Is there something I'm missing?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Login help

Post by russellhltn »

I don't think so. Someone probably either deleted or disabled the stake account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Some machines are set to force a password change every so often. I'd suggest trying some obvious variations of the old password, such as adding a number or incrementing an existing number.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

russellhltn wrote:Some machines are set to force a password change every so often. I'd suggest trying some obvious variations of the old password, such as adding a number or incrementing an existing number.
Yeah, they said it forces them to change often so we tried that, also tried caps lock. I wasn't aware that they had implemented a change policy, one ward said it was forcing them to change every couple weeks, although it appears every couple months with this ward.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

russellhltn wrote:I don't think so. Someone probably either deleted or disabled the stake account.
The default HQ accounts don't appear to be there either. I'll call support tomorrow.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

craiggsmith wrote:The default HQ accounts don't appear to be there either. I'll call support tomorrow.
I don't think it will appear if they're disabled. Let us know how that call to support works out.

craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Not surprisingly they said the only solution is to re-image it.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Do you suppose someone misinterpreted the wording of the financial audit, and removed Windows accounts, rather than removing inactive MLS accounts?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

drepouille wrote:Do you suppose someone misinterpreted the wording of the financial audit, and removed Windows accounts, rather than removing inactive MLS accounts?
Good point, I'll look into that.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
fsiufanua

Post by fsiufanua »

craiggsmith wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Some machines are set to force a password change every so often. I'd suggest trying some obvious variations of the old password, such as adding a number or incrementing an existing number.
Yeah, they said it forces them to change often so we tried that, also tried caps lock. I wasn't aware that they had implemented a change policy, one ward said it was forcing them to change every couple weeks, although it appears every couple months with this ward.

I have two computers today with newer installs I did a month ago that the clerks are complaining about this forced password change policy and want to know if it is the new thing. I haven't heard any reports from other wards with older computers yet and wonder if it was just that last image that was rolled out this last time. It had some major problems and caused all sorts of issues, so I'm thinking the image it's self is the problem. I'll call GSC Monday and find out for sure. Funny thing is both clerk office's solution was to post the password on the monitor with a sticky note. :-)

Return to “Clerk Computers”